It seems I can get into CB mobile, and into the forums, faster from my bookmarks vs using the launcher. Why does the launcher take so long?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 03:12 PM
    I would think your browser has cached the pages thus the bookmark loads it faster. But I could be wrong....
    04-20-09 03:17 PM
    Mine loads just as fast. Faster considering it opens the browser to this site instead of me having to go through my bookmarks.

04-20-09 03:24 PM
    Yea that sounds right.

04-20-09 03:24 PM
    I hit my brower icon and my bookmark is right there. I hit the bookmark and the page comes up in half a second. Then I choose a forum and there's a 20 second or so wait. But with the launcher; I hit the CB icon and there's a 25 second wait, then the page opens, I choose a forum and there's another 25 second wait. I just installed the launcher today so I just wanted to see if that was normal

04-20-09 03:29 PM
    I prefer the bookmark. Seems faster and takes up 0 space. Added bonus.

04-20-09 03:33 PM
    They both take the same time to open either way for me.
    04-20-09 03:35 PM
    I don't notice a huge difference between the two methods, either. Personally, I prefer the Launcher.
    04-20-09 03:42 PM
    I prefer the convenience of the launcher as well. In fact, I have a convenience side key set-up to launch CB.
    04-20-09 03:54 PM
    I know, I like the launcher, I like how it looks on my phone. But I think I gatta go with what's faster for me. This site is so cool tho. I've had BBs for years and I only just registered last week. I know the "addiction" is the BB but I find myself on this site so often, either from the bb or the pc. Love it!

04-20-09 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD