This morning when I logged in and went to browse the forums, rather than the entire forum and sub forum list coming, only these options showed:

Latest BlackBerry Posts
    Latest BlackBerry Posts (Excluding Storm)
    Latest Posts (All Forums)
    Search the CrackBerry Forums
    See All Forums...

Anyone else get this?

It's essentially what I see when using CB on my BB.
    03-16-09 07:14 AM
    Nope it's not just you wnm I got the same thing...
    03-16-09 07:18 AM
    I've never had that, sometimes I get "Bad Gateway error" but never that. Sorry.
    03-16-09 07:18 AM
    Same for me and I have to say I liked it yesterday better. Just something to get used to.
    03-16-09 07:19 AM
    Also see just those entries.
    Mods, pleeze put the menu back.
    03-16-09 07:21 AM
    At least i'm not going crazy. Not because of this anyway.
    03-16-09 07:25 AM
    OMG! it has been driving me nuts since last night when they changed it! seriously WTF is that?
    03-16-09 07:28 AM
    I think it is the way you checked to view it in your options. If I change my view forum options I will see it. I think it is the forum "wap index option", not forum home? Not sure though. I saw ot for the first time a few weeks ago. Not anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 07:30 AM
    Well I'm not on wap right now and it is still showing it that way. This blows! I'm going to check out my options...ill be backkk!
    03-16-09 07:34 AM
    Other than the friggin' inability to edit a post...

Click on the link "Forum Home" you should see the regular options then. Then click on the link "wap index" and I think it will go back to the newer menu.

Of course I am on my BB browser, so I may be wrong. Try changing the forum viewing option in your user CP maybe?

03-16-09 07:34 AM
    I really hate that they change this!! SUCKS! I'm not on WAP and it gives me just these options
    Latest BlackBerry Posts
    Latest BlackBerry Posts (Excluding Storm)
    Latest Posts (All Forums)
    Search the CrackBerry Forums
    See All Forums...
    I miss the Advance optional since that was the most I used!!
    Kevin & CB staff please put the ADVANCE option back on....
    Kplsthx

03-16-09 07:36 AM
    CB please put the forums back to normal!! I've tried to do everything to get it back to that full list! It was prefect how it used to be!! I hope that this was just something someone accidentally did and will go back to normal soon!
    03-16-09 07:39 AM
    Hey Guys,

You need to check the site announcements! I made a post on this as soon as the changes were made. Take a read through this announcement below, and THEN let me know specifically if/what the tweaks are that you'd like to see made. I don't actually think you're missing anything with the changes....

In terms of the forum drop down, I think the sub sub-categories definitely didn't need to be there (where you actually move to the right on the drop down menu). We could maybe put back in the Main sub categories (General BB Discussion, BB Devices, CrackBerry Cafe, etc.). The big thing is when the menus get long, they become useless. They also slow down loading the site (both on computer and bb). So we want them to be streamlined as much as possible. I'm not opposed to changes at all - we can make them. We want it to make sense/be the best it can be. So again... constructive feedback welcome!

Also, these changes are on only the WEBSITE main menu...so the full CrackBerry site (not m.crackberry.com or wapforums.crackberry.com). Let me know!

CrackBerry Main Menu Changes - 15/03/2009

Hey All,

Just made some subtle changes to the main CrackBerry menu that spans the top of the site. I think they hope improve the usability a little bit. We shortened the menus where we could, putting a bigger focus on the things that actually matter and get clicked and did little re-labeliing.

Things to note:
    - "Help & Discussion Forums" has been re-labeled to "CrackBerry Forums" which I think is good since that's how we all refer to them! We also shortened the menu here to what matters - latest posts, search, and go to the forums homepage.

- "Newbies" has been re-labeled to "BlackBerry Help". I think this makes more sense too, since it is home to things not just for newbies, but to our 101 Lecture Series and How To & FAQ forum which come in helpful for all users.

- We scrapped the "More" section. Now that we have dedicated buttons for News Tips and RSS and Mobile site, and Contact Us and Advertise are in the footer, there wasn't much reason to keep that taking up space. We'll get the About Us and Newsletter Archive added into the footer section of the site so they're not in limbo.

- We shortened the blogs drop down to the most-used categories. One click takes you to the index where you can see all categories and recent posts.

- Accessories drop down has been revised too. Before it was all the accessory categories, but now you can easily click to see what's new and popular, then pick to see accessories for your device and we still listed a couple of the most popular categories.

That pretty much takes care of it. Some big CrackBerry 2.0 changes will be coming down the road, but in the meantime we're just trying to tweak to make things better for ya everyday.

If you have any suggestions or comments on these revisions, let us know!
    03-16-09 07:43 AM
    Yeah!!! What they said above me.
    03-16-09 07:44 AM
    Didn't see the site announcement. I just fired it up this morning, and was confused.
    03-16-09 07:46 AM
    GRR
    i understand why they did that...but it sucks that my most used links under the forums don't pop up.
    03-16-09 07:48 AM
    Sorry about the goose chase guys. It now makes sense as to why I couldn't see it unless I went to the WAP Index. I just assumed it had to be how I selected to view it, since I can get it to come and go with that option.

Again, I apologize.

03-16-09 07:50 AM
    I like the new menu structure.
    03-16-09 07:57 AM
    OK...Question...

So on the old forums drop down, was in the MAIN SUB MENU categories that you liked (so BB Discussion, CrackBerry Cafe, Device & Help Discussion, etc.), or was is the SPECIFIC FORUMS that you found yourself using... as in you would go down the drop down, and then scroll to the right, and get the EXACT forum you wanted to go to?

Let me know...

Have an idea...best of BOTH worlds:

a) where "See All Forums" is currently listed, we insert a new link that says "CrackBerry Forums Homepage"

b) then we take the "See All Forums" link and add a sub menu to it, which then lists all of the forums in one long drop down. So you hover over Seel All forums, and then you get a link to every specific forum.

Good?? Essentially the same amount of "clicking" as previously required, but still keeps the Main drop down menu MUCH cleaner.

Let me know!

b)
    03-16-09 07:59 AM
    Yea I would use like off-topic a lot, pin sharing, verizon wireless and of course 8330 forum. I just miss having the forums I used the most right on the list.

You idea sounds rather intriguing! Maybe we could do something like that?
    03-16-09 08:03 AM
    By the way for all that didn't know Kevin IS THE BEST!
    03-16-09 08:04 AM
    That sounds like it would work. As I noted in the Site Announcements thread, being able to scroll through all the forums is helpful. Also, I usually keep tabs on about half a dozen forums, so I like to just shoot right over.

Thanks for considering some changes.
    03-16-09 08:05 AM
    By the way for all that didn't know Kevin IS THE BEST!
    Yeah, I meant to say that too.

Seriously, the job you and others do at this site is awesome.
    03-16-09 08:06 AM
    OK. We'll do some tweaking on this. One of our goals with the change was to streamline the code, so this gets away from that.... but definitely don't want to impact usability!

Will probably be later today, but will get some further tweaks back in that should keep everyone happy.

How about the rest of the changes? All good?! Like that they're now called CrackBerry Forums?! And changing Newbies to BlackBerry Help??
    03-16-09 08:08 AM
    Yeah, I meant to say that too.

Seriously, the job you and others do at this site is awesome.
    Its really hard to find a Founder, Community Editor that actually cares about what the people on the site think and take that in and try to work with us to make us happy!
    03-16-09 08:08 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD