Kevinberry, I'm a newbie as well. I needed a device that has rich features and can multitask. Blackberry was a logical solution. Email was a hassle at first and it turned out that I picked that needle from the haystack (defective device) so Verizon gave me a fresh BB Curve and all is well. For me it feels like working on a PC (I'm a Mac person. Besides I do not like AT&T so I didn't get an iPhone and stuck with Verizon and chose the Curve) I not only wanted strong e-mail capabilities but having just one device instead of several on my person at once. It is a true all in one device not as intuitive or elegant as an iPhone but it gets the job done.
    Business class devices like BB's are slowly being integrated into mainstream usage. The is a great choice (Curve) for someone who seeks a little bit of both. I use it for both. Play and work. I chose the Curve simply because I couldn't type on the Pearl. I guess my fingers are too large for the keys and I would rather have a full QWERTY anyway. Though the Pearls form factor I like very much. Battery life is good considering how much the phone can do it also depends if you're a "power user". Mostly I use it for e-mail, calendar, quick note taking, a little internet browsing, address book, a little camera, use it for mapping. The call quality is much better than my old flip phone and it feels better in my hands too. Either way I suggest that you try any BB and see what you think. Ask yourself what you "need" versus what you "want".
    Better yet wait for the Bold or Storm coming out soon. I like the Bold, more powerful, faster and higher res screen, plus cleaner more professional looking OS. But again it is up to you. Curve, Pearl or the 8800. I don' think you can go wrong with any of these fine devices.
    Good Luck.
    J.
    Last edited by BBjaychicago; 08-31-08 at 03:40 PM.
    08-31-08 03:36 PM
    Gadget queen, I love gadgets, rather shop for those than clothes or shoes [maybe on a par with bags]. Mines is purely personal use, best and most functional phone I've ever had. Just have to convert some of my friends now...I have been ridiculed and laughed at for having a berry - none of my friends have caught on
    08-31-08 03:51 PM
    My blackberry is my life. Bout to buy stock in these things.
    08-31-08 05:30 PM
    Ok that was a cheesy Title. Finally just got my Blackberry Bold delivered the other day. I am actually kind of sad, because my PSP has been sitting at home since. Bold has pretty much taken over of all my multimedia needs, and has a camera to boot.

It seems the PSP is going to simply become a gaming machine since Bold handles a lot of the other stuff so much better.

No business here. All play!
    09-01-08 05:14 AM
    The words "CASUAL" and "BLACKBERRY" should NEVER be used in the same sentence!!! LOL!
    09-01-08 06:48 AM
    My husband and I both have Blackberry's, and we both use them strictly for personal uses. We both like the interface and how you can set it up, the calendar is great, and it's a great phone. Just got a Curve a week ago, and I love it!!
    09-01-08 07:00 AM
    I have two employees who are both college students, and they both have BB Pearls. While I purchased mine for both business and personal use, I can certainly see why a "non-business" user would want one.
    09-01-08 08:04 AM
    i love buttons and gadgets and found i had purchased the BEST for both ideas. it suits my needs better than any phone i've ever had. i used to changed phones like socks to find that perfect one but no more. you never know when you might need both personal and business. this will do it.
    09-01-08 08:24 AM
    There are a wide range of different BB users and there are many things that can be done with them. The CEO of a multibillion dollar company may be using the same Berry you are, but on BES... while you may be using your Berry on BIS for day-to-day organization and email needs.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    danieljames
    09-01-08 12:35 PM
    I use mine for personal use... it's the most entertaining device I have ever had and also the longest phone I have ever had I am known for switching phone... but my bb I just will not part with except for only to upgrade to a later model I'm sticking with my curve.
    11-18-08 02:46 PM
    i dont use mine for work and ilove it!!!! videos(os 4.5) facebook, myspace and just interent and media etc etc!!!
    11-18-08 04:08 PM
    I use mine for strictly personal stuff. Works great. Far easier to use and organize things than WM and Palm OS. Most importantly, IM and Email is a breeze and doesn't murder my battery (unlike WM). I would like if Blackberry games started to pick up more though, now that the new BB's have some serious cpu's in them.
    11-18-08 04:12 PM
    This is my very first blackberry and I use it for strictly personal use. I don't think I would go back to regular phone. Now I want a bold or a curve!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 06:00 PM
    I'm an internet addict, so my bf got me the red curve 8310 last Valentines day.. Still learning new tricks each day.. Totally a plaything!! <3
    Pooh luvs Jamrock
    ~Crakd out on my berry~

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 06:30 PM
    imho my blackberry is my life. i use it for everything...i'll type a paper and send it to my email so i can print it out, google maps, mobile banking, paypal, everything. my blackberry is my life.
    11-19-08 12:42 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD