For years now, I have always thought I would not change my wireless provider. From what I've seen they are the best available, more exspensive than some yet more reliable and thats important. But over the last few years I have become a BlackBerry user, I'm on my fourth, and the way it seems my carrier (VZW) is not getting any new BB's. The 4G doesnt matter to me at all as I wont be seeing that in my area for over a year, but what does matter to me is VZW pandering to the fickle consumer that will buy what ever comes out every month and seems to be pushing RIM out. I just want a good device that works. Yes I want my BB's to get better but I'll wait a year before I demand something new. So what do you think, is the carrier so important that you would change devices? or watch great BB's on another carrier come out? I'm thinking of switching; Sprint aint that bad is it? cheap and fairly reliable? AT&T is bad and expensive right?
    02-06-11 01:44 PM
    I have used BBs on sprint and on t-mobile. I think since most of the data goes through the BIS or BES servers, alot of it is the device. I love t-mo as the service is great in my area and when i travel i have wifi.

there is always going to be a new bb on some carrier, so its all personal preference. I wouldnt trade t-mo since i can change bb all the time with just a simple SIM switch.
    02-06-11 02:26 PM
    Before you switch carriers, ask your family members, friends, neighbors, and co-workers how their service is. Sprint and AT&T might or might not be bad where you live and work. The folks you know who use those carriers would be able to provide you with much more reliable information than what you would get on an Internet message board from people who do not live and work where you do. Of course the carriers are not going to give accurate information in their coverage maps either. The folks you know and see regularly would be your best source of reliable information re: coverage.
    02-06-11 02:27 PM
    Ive had sprint for years. My wife has veruzon. You couldn't pay me to downgrade to that **** poor carrier!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-11 02:32 PM
    Whatever you do, I highly recommend against going with AT&T. Overpriced, poor selection of devices, horrible customer service, and the least reliable network in the USA.
    02-06-11 03:21 PM
    Whatever you do, I highly recommend against going with AT&T. Overpriced, poor selection of devices, horrible customer service, and the least reliable network in the USA.
    But that just proves that it's different for everyone. I've been with AT&T for years. Great coverage at home and anywhere I have traveled, price is fine - in fact I get a 20% discount, plenty of devices to chose from and I can swap SIM between them whenever I want, and I have never had a problem with their customer service. Until that changes I will stick with them.
    02-06-11 03:31 PM
    Carrier coverage and service and network stability are important to me.

Device selection is less important (much less important) to me.
    02-06-11 03:31 PM
    I have always been on the carrier side of things, I believe for my area and everywhere I go verizon is the best, by far the best. ATT is expensive and unreliable in my area but has the best phones. Sprint seems to be cheaper, more of a value but slightly less reliable than verizon, more phones. When I say more phones I mean more BB's, it seems the RIM, VZW relationhip seems strained.....and I really dont want to change platforms...
    02-06-11 03:47 PM
    Droids and iPhone do not impress me one bit..........
    02-06-11 03:48 PM
    Sprint is not Verizon when it comes to coverage. You may find yourself roaming on Verizon's network at times, especially in the countryside, but you will find Sprint to offer you value and choices that Verizon cannot give at this time. If you do not want to leave Verizon, wait for the Bold Touch or the Storm replacement that is just around the corner.
    02-06-11 04:05 PM
    Poor sections of devices. Are you for real?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-11 04:11 PM
    I don't think there is really any overall difference between the big 3. Just make sure they have good coverage in YOUR area, and go with the option that best suits you.

Where I live, it doesn't matter if you have AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint Nextel. They all work. I went with Sprint because I had a Nextel once but when I saw the BlackBerry flip phone in the store, I wanted that. The customer service has been awesome and there is nothing wrong with the coverage as many internet experts would have you believe; same goes for my brother with his iPhone.

There is probably going to be a rude awakening for a lot of people jumping on the Verizon iPhone bandwagon thinking their network is better; AT&T actually has the slightly better network (but less rural coverage) and all the iPhone traffic is what slows it down. Verizon has already stated that they plan to throttle data service to their iPhones if they can't keep up.
    02-06-11 04:12 PM
    Service/coverage comes before any device. I need coverage everywhere and that's why I switched to verizon almost 2 years ago. Good boonie coverage. Devices take a real backseat to coverage. What good is your fav device if no signal?
    02-06-11 06:11 PM
    I guess what I really want to know, would you stick with your carrier rather than chasing a new or better device. I know in my area Vzw is much better and ATT is the worst. But I am getting frustrated with the choices of new BBs I see coming to Vzw. At one time I never woud have thought of changing, but I find myself strongly considering it. Thanks for your insight all the same.
    02-07-11 05:39 PM
    I guess what I really want to know, would you stick with your carrier rather than chasing a new or better device.
    Yes. Absolutely. I'm not interested in "chasing a new device". And certainly not at the expense of coverage.

I know in my area Vzw is much better and ATT is the worst. But I am getting frustrated with the choices of new BBs I see coming to Vzw. At one time I never woud have thought of changing, but I find myself strongly considering it. Thanks for your insight all the same.
    There is a whole slew of CDMA BlackBerry devices in development.

http://crackberry.com/exclusive-cdma...-6-1-evolution
    02-07-11 06:18 PM
    For years now, I have always thought I would not change my wireless provider. From what I've seen they are the best available, more exspensive than some yet more reliable and thats important. But over the last few years I have become a BlackBerry user, I'm on my fourth, and the way it seems my carrier (VZW) is not getting any new BB's. The 4G doesnt matter to me at all as I wont be seeing that in my area for over a year, but what does matter to me is VZW pandering to the fickle consumer that will buy what ever comes out every month and seems to be pushing RIM out. I just want a good device that works. Yes I want my BB's to get better but I'll wait a year before I demand something new. So what do you think, is the carrier so important that you would change devices? or watch great BB's on another carrier come out? I'm thinking of switching; Sprint aint that bad is it? cheap and fairly reliable? AT&T is bad and expensive right?
    Verizon is actually at its peak right now in my opinion. It's offering some of the best 4G "iPhone killers" and now the iPhone. Sure, they seem to be pushing BlackBerry out the door, but honestly, no one but BlackBerry fans on here care. A huge touchscreen with 4G and Android Froyo is a lot more appealing to most people than a little BlackBerry with a tiny screen and lacking specs.
    02-07-11 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD