04-27-08 01:27 AM
- Hello gang,
Have a few questions concerning a few aspects of the BB. A) Which carrier do you use and what do you pay? I am about to be a former VZW customer and am shopping around for a new provider. B) Who has the best customer/device support of the major carriers? C) Who has the best coverage? I know VZW has great coverage, but their support IMO is lacking, but what about everybody else? I appreciate any and all feedback !
Last edited by fuente1; 04-24-08 at 09:36 PM.04-24-08 09:34 PM
- I migrated from VZW to TMo when I could not deal with VZW's customer disservice. I would say TMo's CS is among the best for any product I have ever owned. They are friendly, hold times are virtually non-existent, and more times than not they know the answer to the question at hand.
TMo's pricing is the cheapest I think. I have not been totally satisfied with the coverage/reception here in NYC of all places, but I think TMo loses out just b/c VZW has a monopoly on towers in NYC.
Coverage is key. So if you can find out how it is in your area, that would be your best bet.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com04-24-08 10:02 PM
- John YesterRetired Superstarthis may help unless you really want a personal response from everyone, You will get allot of mixed review. Not matter what everyone can't be pleased, there will always be something that person A doesn't like then something else Person B doesn't like as well..
Good luck and get a another BB!!!!04-24-08 10:02 PM
- sunkastSuper Badthis may help unless you really want a personal response from everyone, You will get allot of mixed review. Not matter what everyone can't be pleased, there will always be something that person A doesn't like then something else Person B doesn't like as well..
Good luck and get a another BB!!!!04-24-08 10:04 PM
- DuviRetired ModeratorIt's all about your own experiences... I work for AT&T and will never say "AT&T is the best" and truly mean it as AT&T may be awesome for me in NYC/NJ area, but bad for others in other areas.
I had the worst customer service with Verizon and left to go to Nextel, way back when, but that was my experience.
Test out the phones, then start service and test out customer support.04-24-08 10:30 PM
- A question like this is bound to start a battle of the carriers - though mixed reviews it definitely to be expected.
Personally, I've always had AT&T - I like their service & their Customer Service has always been helpful and courteous. I have about 1350 minutes a month ($80) plus the unlimited BIS package & unlimited text ($50). Sooo with all the taxes & other surcharge mumbo jumbo my bill is around $140-150 a month. As for coverage, it's always been good for me here in NYC - but since you're in a different location, your service might be different. I know you can look up what kind of coverage & whatnot AT&T has based on your location by entering your zipcode.04-24-08 10:30 PM
- DuviRetired ModeratorI have AT&T Family Talk 550 for $50 + Family Messaging for $30.
Line 1 = Me, With Unlimited Data for $30.
Line 2 = Spare line for 9.99
Line 3 = G/F line for 9.99 + iPhone data for $20
That's $150 - 19% off $50, 19 % off $30 for text and 19% off $30 for BB data. = 129.08 + taxes04-24-08 10:33 PM
- I'm with Sprint and I couldn't be happier. I've been with them for 10 years and in that time have lived in 4 states, and have always had fantastic coverage. Their customer service took a nose dive last summer and I defected to AT&T with one of my lines, but I really had to struggle to get a good signal and they were really expensive, especially since my lines are in different markets so if I had taken them both to AT&T I would have had to have two separate plans. So after 6 months I gave up and took my line back to Sprint (I'd kept my primary line there the whole time). I'm happy to report that their customer service has definitely improved - it's not stellar, but I've been able to get quite a bit done with minimal wait times.
I'd love to tell you what I pay and what I get for it, but I sort of have a special deal right now, not a plan that Sprint is actually offering. Let's just say that I have the equivalent of the simply everything plan they offer, only I have 2 lines on it and pay less than $100/month. I guess that's one of the perks of staying with Sprint so long, and another reason I'll probably never leave.04-24-08 10:59 PM
- I agree with yester18 & sunkast. Asking which is the best carrier is like asking "which airline is the best?"
After weeks of research, my wife and I are going to make the jump to T-Mobile from VZW. We've been paying about $180/month for the two us. Now with TMO, we should be paying around $110/month, for more minutes and unlimited data. Of course, the "my faves" plan makes it even more enticing. Even with new equipment costs, activation, and termination fees, we will be paying less for TMO over the next 24 months. I have nothing against Verizon, except the cost.
Several friends of ours have had TMO for years, and they are all very happy with the service. Not to mention, TMO users have great things to say on this very website!
From my research, I have also concluded the following:
1. AT&T is too expensive, but I can't comment on the coverage quality.
2. Sprint's service/coverage is not as good as the others. I have a Sprint/Nextel for work, and am not very impressed. Lots of dropped calls.
I hope you make the decision that's best for you!04-24-08 11:49 PM
- Thanks for the responses gang. I am going to have to sit down and make a decision over the weekend. I love VZW's coverage but I just cannot deal with their customer service department anymore. I am sure others have had issues with them as well in this aspect. Ill post something Sunday hopefully.04-25-08 07:33 AM
- Thanks for the responses gang. I am going to have to sit down and make a decision over the weekend. I love VZW's coverage but I just cannot deal with their customer service department anymore. I am sure others have had issues with them as well in this aspect. Ill post something Sunday hopefully.04-25-08 07:47 AM
- I just wanna add my two cents, if customer service is important to you stay away from sprint. I currently have sprint and I love it!!!! IMO they offer great coverage for a great price, I hardly ever need to call customer service so their lack of good customer service has not an issue for me good luck with whoever you choose
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com04-25-08 08:17 AM
- I just changed from a nokia cell to a BB 8130.
My carrier is mainly based in the southeast, cellular south.
I've been with them for 8 years now, every problem I had has always been handle in a timely matter.
Coverage is very good, getting better since they got the state contract to provide service several years ago.
I have what you call "True unlimited plan" this means everything nationwide, data, voice, SMS, MMS, E-mail, etc.
99.99/mo.04-26-08 10:36 PM
- i cant count how many of my friends on tmo drop calls while talking to me. coverage in my area for t mo sucks.
plan pricing sprint hands down with AT&T tied with them, but barely. their service is equal here.
VZW.. phone nazi's, lousy pricing/plans.
T-mo great customer service, good phones.. lousy coverage.
thats just my area here, YMMV.
cheers04-27-08 01:27 AM
- Popular at CrackBerry
- General BlackBerry Discussion
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD