I am not sure if the viruses are limited to just Verizon but I just got back from Verizon after spending 2 hours having them upgrade my OS and completely go back to factory settings. Watch what you download!! My friend had a problem with her Motorola phone and they found a virus called Volatile. If I downloaded something than it's my fault but just be careful and run a scan and make sure what you are downloading isn't containing a virus. The Verizon rep. told me it sounded like what i had was a virus in there. Just a friendly reminder to everyone and to myself!
    05-09-10 04:57 PM
    Thanks for the heads up!
    05-09-10 05:00 PM
    It's always a good idea to be careful about what sites you visit and what you download, but to date there are no BlackBerry viruses. A BlackBerry can carry a PC virus and spread it to files on your PC if you exchange files, but there are no viruses that directly infect BlackBerry devices.
    05-09-10 05:06 PM
    Thanks for the head's up Jeff. I was all jumbled when I posted, thanks for rewording correctly. LOL It's just been one of those days!!
    05-09-10 05:11 PM
    If you are still worried about picking up malware spyware and viruses on your berry there is an app available in the app world called kisses. I download that run it for a bit then just get rid of it but it does appear to work.
    05-10-10 09:55 AM
    Virus in a BlackBerry? Probably not. I could think of many other possibilities that can brick your phone, but not a virus. Ever.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/blackberry-virus-31663/
    05-10-10 10:22 AM
    Interesting Post Thanks
    05-11-10 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD