I didn't hop on the tour because I heard the rumors of the essex here and didn't wanna waste my upgrade.
    When the essex comes out I give it a month of a lot of reviews here and if all fairs well it will be my next berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 09:01 PM
    I agree with BadCat: the two Tours I returned sure felt like first generation (the replacement had more problems than the original. Hmm... I think I'll wait awhile before deciding on a new phone.
    10-26-09 09:11 PM
    what were the problems?
    10-26-09 09:16 PM
    1st gen phones are risky as ****.
    10-26-09 09:19 PM
    I'm getting a Storm 2 BUT if I did go Android I'd go for one of the HTC models.
    Every HTC I have had has turned to ****... you couldnt pay me to get another one of those
    10-26-09 11:52 PM
    The last thing I want is a Bata phone...
    Shoot, I'd kill for a bat phone...
    10-27-09 12:03 AM
    what were the problems?
    I'm not sure if you were asking me the question or not but I'll respond. My three Tours were awesome in a lot of ways, they were fast, had a great UI, incredible camera and a nice look and feel. The call quality was awful (my previous Motorola Q9h simply kicked it's **** as far as call quality went) and none of the Tours could hold onto the 1XEV network. The signal indicator would bounce all over the place and drop me back the the 1X network while I was stationary! I would go from 5 bars of 1XEV too no bars to two bars of 1X while not moving. The last one I returned was so bad I could just put it on the counter at the store and the sales girl just looked at it and shook her head, she saw it for herself. The kicker is it would show 5 bars of 1XEV until you tried to use data, then it would crap out, I mean 45 seconds to load a WAP page? The Curve I now have performs much better under the exact same conditions. I get an occasional signal bounce, but it's now an exception rather than the norm. I decided having a bleeding edge, drop dead sexy phone wasn't worth the aggravation of getting pissed off every time I tried to use a data connection.
    10-27-09 04:13 AM
    The last thing I want is a Bata phone...
    Yeah a Bata Phone would be not so gooda.
    10-27-09 04:27 AM
    I'm not sure if you were asking me the question or not but I'll respond. My three Tours were awesome in a lot of ways, they were fast, had a great UI, incredible camera and a nice look and feel. The call quality was awful (my previous Motorola Q9h simply kicked it's **** as far as call quality went) and none of the Tours could hold onto the 1XEV network. The signal indicator would bounce all over the place and drop me back the the 1X network while I was stationary! I would go from 5 bars of 1XEV too no bars to two bars of 1X while not moving. The last one I returned was so bad I could just put it on the counter at the store and the sales girl just looked at it and shook her head, she saw it for herself. The kicker is it would show 5 bars of 1XEV until you tried to use data, then it would crap out, I mean 45 seconds to load a WAP page? The Curve I now have performs much better under the exact same conditions. I get an occasional signal bounce, but it's now an exception rather than the norm. I decided having a bleeding edge, drop dead sexy phone wasn't worth the aggravation of getting pissed off every time I tried to use a data connection.
    interesting, I've heard lots of bad stuff about tours but not so much about reception/transmission issues.
    10-27-09 04:54 AM
    I've had my tour since day 1 when it came out and I've had zero issues, I love the phone however the droid phones look pretty sweet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 07:13 AM
    Anyone heard anything on the Microsoft phone version of the Zune (Code name Pink) that's supposed to be out early 2010 (right around when At&T's contract with apple runs out) for Verizon?
    10-27-09 09:10 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD