I realize that Blackberry makes a Porsche designed phone and everything. But I don't really associate Blackberry like a Porsche when comparing phones to cars.

If I were to associate Blackberry with a car manufacturer it would most likely be Aston Martin. My reasoning for it is the following:
    -Build Quality. Both Aston and Blackberry have very good build quality (love the Z30 backing).
    -Looks. I personally think Aston Martin makes the most beautiful cars (feel free to argue) and think that Blackberry, specifically the 9900, Z30 and Passport, look outstanding when put up against your regular rectangular phones these days.
    -Speed/Power. Aston Martin is often criticized for the "lack of power" when put up against their competition and so is Blackberry (less ram than most, etc...). What they both do is use the power so well and in such a manner, that there is almost no need for more power. It gets the job done and does a darn fine job of it.

I might have missed some stuff so feel free to make other comparisons or compare with another brand!

Thanks
    09-15-14 07:02 PM
    I've always thought Volkswagen, in that they found something that just worked (BlackBerry found the qwerty, VW the Jetta/Golf) and ghat made their companies successful. Also, both are - although not quite luxury oriented - quite high end and premium.

Also I have a VW and a BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 07:31 PM
    I would say Bricklin. Beautiful Design and built in Canada.
    09-15-14 07:46 PM
    Cadillac or Buick. Trying to change their image.
    09-15-14 08:38 PM
    BMW

Posted via CB10
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    09-15-14 08:43 PM
    Car analogies are strained at best, and generally fall apart quickly. You compare the build quality of a BB10 phone with an Aston Martin, but those are hand-built premium cars, while the BB10 phones, while they're in the upper third in materials, aren't actually built especially better than other phones (and I have a business repairing mobile devices). They certainly don't have Apple's build quality, or Sony's, or HTCs.

Second, an Aston Martin is a premium car, and while that means it's in a small niche like BB is, the big difference is that an Aston Martin can command 3-5 times the price of an average car (Honda Accord or Toyota Camry - the best-selling cars in the US for the past 20 years). BB certainly isn't pulling in any premium for BB10 phones, much less 300-500% over average.

Third, cars don't have ecosystem concerns - they use the same fuel and drive on the same roads. In this respect, a BB is more like a 1st-Gen all-electric car with a 90-mile range - you have to go out of your way to plan your driving to make sure you are near a charging station when you need to be, and some places you simply cannot go, because there's no where to charge up.

So, IMO, if a BB was a car, it would probably be closer to the Saturn EV-1 than anything else. But again, the whole car analogy is deeply flawed to begin with.
    Witmen, JeepBB, mmcfly23 and 3 others like this.
    09-15-14 08:44 PM
    I realize that Blackberry makes a Porsche designed phone and everything. But I don't really associate Blackberry like a Porsche when comparing phones to cars.

If I were to associate Blackberry with a car manufacturer it would most likely be Aston Martin. My reasoning for it is the following:
    -Build Quality. Both Aston and Blackberry have very good build quality (love the Z30 backing).
    -Looks. I personally think Aston Martin makes the most beautiful cars (feel free to argue) and think that Blackberry, specifically the 9900, Z30 and Passport, look outstanding when put up against your regular rectangular phones these days.
    -Speed/Power. Aston Martin is often criticized for the "lack of power" when put up against their competition and so is Blackberry (less ram than most, etc...). What they both do is use the power so well and in such a manner, that there is almost no need for more power. It gets the job done and does a darn fine job of it.

I might have missed some stuff so feel free to make other comparisons or compare with another brand!

Thanks
    Actually, I would say Porsche. In terms of build quality, I put Porsche above pretty much all of the other luxury brands... And Porsche doesn't usually have the "numbers" when you talk about specs but they always perform very well even compared to other cars with better numbers. And like BB, Porsche is kind of breaking that specs mold with their new 918. And like the Passport, the 918 is pretty unconventional and applies an existing technology in a new way. Like the Passport has a qwerty keyboard that's used as a trackpad. The 918 is a hybrid but is done for performance, not for gas mileage...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    zephyr613 likes this.
    09-15-14 08:46 PM
    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    09-15-14 08:49 PM
    Actually, I would say Porsche. In terms of build quality, I put Porsche above pretty much all of the other luxury brands...
    I guess you have never owned one because Porsche is a fairly unreliable brand. Good luck starting one if you leave it parked in the rain.
    09-15-14 08:57 PM
    Saab

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 09:04 PM
    Nissan

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    09-15-14 09:14 PM
    Acura "Aggression in its most elegant form"

Posted via CB10
    Steven Bolen and mzceetee like this.
    09-15-14 09:36 PM
    I guess you have never owned one because Porsche is a fairly unreliable brand. Good luck starting one if you leave it parked in the rain.
    And that's based on... (If it's from one specific example, don't even bother)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-15-14 09:44 PM

You left her parked in the rain??!

J/k. I'm on my fifth and have never had a water leakage issue. Last time I saw that was in a friend's 914.

Which one did this to you?
    09-15-14 10:50 PM
    Mercedes in the 90's

Posted via CrackBerry App
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-15-14 11:06 PM
    Jeep, because of owner loyalty. Also, been around forever.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 11:09 PM
    Agree that car analogies are a bit hard to use but I would suggest Skoda. They are exceptionally well built, essentially a VW but cheaper and no one (well not many here in Australia) buys them cause they have no idea who Skoda is and they aren't willing to try something new even if it does turn out to be the best.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 11:09 PM
    Lincoln. A once vibrant, successful brand trying to restore its luster by finding a successful niche. Marginally improving products while a new line of products/services is developed to be released in coming years.
    09-15-14 11:22 PM
    Black Jaguar

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    09-16-14 12:25 AM
    Passport is Hummer H3

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    09-16-14 12:25 AM
    Iwould say Aston Martin, lotus or Jaguar.

I say that comparing it to a mbz, bmw or vw would be a slap in the face to BB.
    09-16-14 02:46 AM
    Does Canada manufacture any automobiles?
    09-16-14 02:56 AM
    Volvo for safety and BlackBerry's security.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    09-16-14 03:23 AM
    Subaru

Posted via CB10
    MGO and ianbordas like this.
    09-16-14 03:40 AM
    Mazda. Hear me out here.

Mazda has had better days, just like BB. and then fell on more troubled times.

Right now, Mazda, like BB is in the fight for its life. How do you survive? Start making GREAT products that the world sits up and takes notice. Right now, Mazda is releasing hit after hit of models and gaining praise from reviewers and owners. The 3, 6, CX-5 and new Miata are all bona-fide machines punching above their own weight and winning comparison tests.

If you look at BB, and the new models they are releasing, they seem to be heading in the right direction as Mazda is. Will the world take notice?
    09-16-14 05:49 AM
101 123 ...