Hi, long time reader, first time poster. I had set a background of a picture I had on my phone, which appeared on both the main icon screen(all icons) and the homescreen(6 icons).

I then went into media and copied the file and tried pasting it in another location. It gave me an error, now the image is gone off my media card.

With that being said, the image still remains on my main icon screen(all icons), but the screen with only 6 icons is the default background.

My question is; is there any way to locate that picture that's on my main icon screen, is it stored anywhere on the device. I cannot simply take a screenshot because all of my icons are in the way. I really need get a copy of this picture and any help would be great. Thanks.
    01-04-11 07:00 PM
    I'm guessing this is a personal picture, correct? Meaning it can't be found on Google etc?
    01-04-11 07:10 PM
    I say we treat it as such CASH. Unfortunately, I know of no app that lets you capture the homescreen without the icons. Chances are, it's probably just dumped around somewhere on the Media Card/Device Memory. Go to Documents -> Files (at least that's where it is on mine), and from the Files application, to to My Files and start snooping around your folders, see if you can find it there.
    01-04-11 07:12 PM
    I was going to suggest "repairing" the SDcard (or device memory) but if the picture has been deleted, the wallpaper will reset to the default.
    01-04-11 07:20 PM
    The files way should work, but this might be faster:

On the main (all icons) screen click the Blackberry key

Click Options

if your pic is showing as Wallpaper, click Enter (or in my case, the trackball) and it will take you to your Pictures folder.

You may have to select Blackberry>Pictures.
    OR
    You may have to select Device Memory, even if you have a media card, cos you might have kept the pic on the BB itself.

Either way, scroll through looking for it - choose View Thumbnails or View List with the Blackberry key.

Good luck, if you're like me, never taking the photos off the media card OR phone, you should find it, if it's showing as the Wallpaper!
    01-04-11 07:26 PM
    Thanks for all the suggestions so far, I am still unable to locate it.
    -Checked all the folders in media card and device.

Ever since I tried copying the picture, which gave me the error the personal image now only shows on the screen with all icons, and the screen with 6 icons has default background.

I'm thinking it must be stored in some sort of cache or temp file location, is there any way to view that or to capture the main icon screen without the actual icons?

Thanks again.
    01-05-11 08:34 AM
    Yes, you can do it from Media Viewer and capture it with a utility program. There are two types, one installs on your BlackBerry, the other is installed on your computer and captures the image through the USB ports.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cap...capture-94853/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/

The challenge is finding the image, the best tool for that job is: Media / Explore.

Explore is the native file manager. You can browse both device memory and the Media card. Search for and select the image, then select View to see the image on full screen.
    gocanada123 likes this.
    01-05-11 10:07 AM
    Thanks, the CaptureIt says account suspended when trying to download.. but I don't think it can simply snap a picture of my background omitting the icons anyway. If it can then I'll surely try to find a download link for it.

The other program though I see allows access to browse all of the system files on the BB. Is it possible that the background picture would be located within those? or maybe the cache files?

Thanks again.
    01-05-11 11:09 AM
    I'm on wap so I can't see your device and OS (or did I miss it in the thread?). On OS5, you can go Options > Theme and select the active theme. It should show the file name that represents the home screen image. It won't tell you where it is but maybe will help to search for that file name using one of the methods above. And sorry if this isn't relevant because you have a different OS :-)

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-05-11 09:25 PM
    I don't think you guys (Reed and under) understand what's going on here.
    Last edited by CASH; 01-05-11 at 10:18 PM.
    01-05-11 10:01 PM
    Here's a link to the solution in CB post

The wont allow me to put the direct link because of my limited posts but much thanks to
    wu-wei

Using Files (or any other file explorer app), navigate to /Device/appdata/rim/homescreen

(note, that is a hidden folder and you'll have to select "View hidden folders" from the menu).

There's a file in mine named wallpaper.dat

I tried copying that to another location and renaming it to wallpaper.png

Voila! There's my wallpaper.
    It worked fine for me.
    02-23-12 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD