As my Z10 has been put out of commission due to the sim tray no longer working properly and I've been unable to find a store that can replace or repair it. I've been using the iPhone 5s and waited until I could buy another Blackberry. This time I'm going with the Q10. As I started reading in the forums and reading reviews, I'm seeing people having problems with random resets as they set their devices down. Is this something common or was only present prior 10.2.1.xxx? Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you
    10-19-14 12:27 AM
    The reset problem is coming from the loose battery that only some users are having and this is easily fixed by adding a piece of paper on the inside of the battery cover to make the fit tighter.

The reset has nothing to do with the OS.

Also, a plenty of Q10 users do not experience any random reboots or double typing issues.

The internet forums tend to exaggerate the problems.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    10-19-14 02:03 AM
    Double type is not exaggerated! I had 3 q10's, all three had the problem around the 3 to 4 month range, thousands of posts on this issue. The Z10 had more issues with reboots

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-19-14 02:21 AM
    The battery reset issue is something both of my Q10s never experienced. Besides using a piece of paper, if your unit suffers from those reboots, you are better off buying a thing piece of rubber foam, cut it out and attach it with double-sided adhesive tape. Back in old dumpphone days some companies used such an installation preinstalled

The double-typing issue is common and, as some asian BB users recently found out, it is indeed a design fault. So all Q10s are prone to this sooner or later. There is a "fixed" design for the keyboard, yet as the same users figured out, the new and improved design still has flaws. Better than the old one at least.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    10-19-14 02:51 AM
    Double typing in what sense? As in it presents the same letter twice with one press? Is this hardware or software related? The fix in the event of the battery is definitely useful to know. Thank you all again.
    10-19-14 06:48 AM
    As my Z10 has been put out of commission due to the sim tray no longer working properly and I've been unable to find a store that can replace or repair it. I've been using the iPhone 5s and waited until I could buy another Blackberry. This time I'm going with the Q10. As I started reading in the forums and reading reviews, I'm seeing people having problems with random resets as they set their devices down. Is this something common or was only present prior 10.2.1.xxx? Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you
    That is weird, yesterday my friends Z10 stopped working because of the same problem too, the sim tray doesn't recognize any sim anymore. The repair shop said they will charge him $250 to fix it which of course he refused because a new Z10 is cheaper than that.

The build quality of the Z10 is really bad honestly, the speakers quite on its own and other issues too.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 07:39 AM
    Random re-sets: Never had this happen, but as others mentioned, easily taken care of.

Double-typing: Ditto. Never have had it, after 14 months of daily use.

I know that many people in these forums have had the double-typing issue, and there are many youtube videos showing how to replace/repair a faulty Q10 keyboard. But there are also many of us who have never had any keyboard issues with the Q10 - we just don't start threads to discuss non-issues. ;-)

I love the Q10. It's a fantastic, well-built, well-performing phone. My advice, if you're worried about the double-typing keyboard, is to make sure you buy it new under warranty, and consider paying an extra year of insurance. This way, should problems show up later, you can send the device back to BlackBerry or your carrier for repair.

But hopefully you'll never need to. :-)

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.3253/3182 Radio
    10-19-14 08:24 AM
    My understanding from all the posts I have read is that:

1- the resetting issue (I assume it is the same as the random reboot issue) was a software issue that was addressed in the later OS updates (...,10.2, 10.2.1). I had that problem originally with my Z10, but went away after the software updates.

2- The double typing issue was a problem primarily associated with some of the earlier 2013 Q10 models, and that the later revisions (I think the 2014 models) do not have this problem.
    10-19-14 08:31 AM
    I bought it described as new, it being on eBay. I wouldn't hold my breath and also because of this I can't be certain of the year manufactured. Fingers cross, as I have high hopes for the Q10 knowing I already choose BB10 over other platforms.
    10-19-14 08:37 AM
    If you are buying new, the manufacturing date should be written on the original box the phone comes in (at least mine was).
    10-19-14 10:44 AM
    Never had any double typing issues nor random resets. Only had issues with resets when I've dropped it and the battery popped our :-)

Seriously durable phone though!

Posted with my Q10
    10-19-14 11:09 AM
    The reset problem is coming from the loose battery that only some users are having and this is easily fixed by adding a piece of paper on the inside of the battery cover to make the fit tighter.

The reset has nothing to do with the OS.

Also, a plenty of Q10 users do not experience any random reboots or double typing issues.

The internet forums tend to exaggerate the problems.

Wow really?? I never knew, ive been dropping my z10 a lot from like 20cm, or when I throw my phone on my soft bed, I always found random resets, I never thought that it was the battery LMAO
    10-19-14 11:14 AM
    The battery reset issue is something both of my Q10s never experienced. Besides using a piece of paper, if your unit suffers from those reboots, you are better off buying a thing piece of rubber foam, cut it out and attach it with double-sided adhesive tape. Back in old dumpphone days some companies used such an installation preinstalled

The double-typing issue is common and, as some asian BB users recently found out, it is indeed a design fault. So all Q10s are prone to this sooner or later. There is a "fixed" design for the keyboard, yet as the same users figured out, the new and improved design still has flaws. Better than the old one at least.

And yet folks here complain about the non removable battery in the new Classic and would consider buying a phone with a known manufacturing defect.

I would love to see a citation to authenticate whether newly manufactured Q10s have remedied the keyboard or battery reboot problem. I suspect that BlackBerry is still selling old stock.
    10-19-14 11:27 AM
    And yet folks here complain about the non removable battery in the new Classic and would consider buying a phone with a known manufacturing defect.
    There is a simple cure for that "known manufacturing loose battery ": a piece of paper on the inside of the battery cover. It is a simple and easy one time solution that fixes the issue.

However, there is no known cure for old, warn out battery that cannot hold a charge inside a phone that you cannot take out. And for the battery that BlackBerry does not produce the OEM battery for because the battery is non removable inside the phone.

10-19-14 11:35 AM
    No, not *all*. *Some but not all* batches of Q10s shipped last year with faulty keyboards, and replacing the keyboard fixes the issue. Models made in 2014 are said to have properly working keyboards. You can see the manufacture date of your phone on the original box sticker.

10-19-14 11:43 AM
    I read somewhere with the next os update the double typing issue will be fixed, I experience it the odd time, but it does not bother me

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 11:44 AM
    I have made great use of my battery charger + spare battery bundle for my Q10, especially if I am outdoors for any length of time, or travelling without my regular charger (hey we all forget it sometimes). My bundle fits nicely in the same pouch where I keep my phone, so I'm never without it. Yes, I'd have to consider carefully, before buying a device with a non-removable/replaceable battery.

10-19-14 11:54 AM
    1. Random resets: never experienced in 16 months. I agree that it is mostly a downside to having a replaceable battery. The more times a battery is removed and reinstalled, the more likely it will become loose. A better alternative to swapping batteries is probably an external power booster pack.

2. Double-typing: my Q10 began doing it about 9 months, until about 12 months, but the problem has essentially disappeared. It was initially very frustrating, but after a week or so, I realized that the superior Word Prediction made it only slightly annoying at times. A few weeks ago, I noticed my Q10 was no longer double-typing at all.

Q10 ? The Other Crackberry Pirate ? Z30 | via CB10
    10-19-14 12:02 PM
    I've never experienced any random resets on my Q10.

Occasionally my Q10 will double type but it isn't a big deal.

I've had my Q10 for about 6 months or so. It's a great device.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 02:57 PM
    Make do, put up with it, simple fixes, doesn't happen all the time. Just excuses for a an under engineered product. BlackBerry should be held accountable and voluntarily extend your warranty.
    10-19-14 04:00 PM
    Ok so what I'm seeing is that it is pretty much luck of the draw. I will definitely get back to everyone as it arrives and I get to spend some time using the device. Thank you everyone for the input ,tips and possible fixes if I end up with some bad luck.
    10-19-14 08:53 PM
    I have the same battery being lose. Just a small piece of paper and your good. My Z10 drops a few time and no reboot. It works fine sometime I don't even remember the piece of paper being there. I have this phone for 1 year now and it still working fine and smooth so it's a very good phone. Paid $210 for it used though.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 09:10 PM
    As my Z10 has been put out of commission due to the sim tray no longer working properly and I've been unable to find a store that can replace or repair it. I've been using the iPhone 5s
    hi OP. i think i know what happened with your Z10. you've used it along with a 5s. and that sim tray is busted because of it.
    do note that this may happen to your Q10 again. it's my first post so i can't paste the link of a CB thread on the same issue, but i'll paste the text for you -

Hi guys

So I did the most stupid thing in the world. I had a nano sim that I used in the past when traveling to Europe and because it won't fit the Z10 I bought an adapter. Well guess what, I broke 1 pin from the sim card tray and when I got back to the states my Verizon 4g sim card wouldn't work anymore, the phone doesn't read any sim card at all .

I tried a couple of local phone repair shops and nobody can replace the sim card tray.

Anybody can recommend me a repair shop that can change my sim card slot? In the past there were 1000 repair shops online that fixed blackberries for a fee

I am an *****. Brand new 600$ phone, paid full price for it and it's paperweight now

WARNING TO ALL USERS COMING TO Z10 OR Q10 FROM AN IPHONE 5 OR ANY PHONE USING A NANO SIM

DO NOT USE A NANO SIM TO MICRO SIM ADAPTER !!!

GO TO YOUR CARRIER AND GET A NEW SIM CARD FOR THE Z10/Q10

THE SIM CARD ADAPTER WILL BREAK YOUR SIM CARD READER CONTACTS AND YOUR PHONE WILL BE USELESS
    skstrials and StayClassy101 like this.
    10-19-14 09:23 PM
    hi OP. i think i know what happened with your Z10. you've used it along with a 5s. and that sim tray is busted because of it.
    do note that this may happen to your Q10 again. it's my first post so i can't paste the link of a CB thread on the same issue, but i'll paste the text for you -
    Thank you, I appreciate it and that could've been a possibility except. I don't think that was the problem though. Once I switch to my Z10(my first and only BB10 device) I never bothered or even wanted to switch to another device. So after I put the sim in the Z10, I never had to take it out. Except one day, it said no sim was inserted. So I pulled the battery and pulled the aim and put it back in. But no dice. The sim tray looks fine and the same though it won't work. So I now I'm stuck using the 5S until the Q10 arrives. Hopefully sooner that expected.
    10-19-14 11:26 PM
    can't wait for my Q10 to arrive. What can i expect? and the reset problems, are they common?-q10-fix.jpgcan't wait for my Q10 to arrive. What can i expect? and the reset problems, are they common?-q10-fix2.jpgcan't wait for my Q10 to arrive. What can i expect? and the reset problems, are they common?-q10fix3.jpgI made this to explain how to fix the reset problem if you get a device that suffers from it. I've never had a reboot since and I've had this solution for over a year. I've never had the double type issue either. I bought my Q10 in June of 2013. GL

Posted via CB10.
    StayClassy101 likes this.
    10-20-14 05:50 AM
34 12