I bought a 2017 Ford Escape yesterday. The salesman demonstrated all the cool features of the free android app " Ford Pass". It includes remote start, locating by GPS in parking lots etc. My wife, and I, said " No problem as our Z30 s run android apps". So I got the app off 1- Mobile Market and set the password up with Ford only to get the message, on screen, that it will not run without Google Play Store! I thought BlackBerry's QNX division made the Ford Sync system so how can it be that a BlackBerry cannot use its remote features?

BB, Still the One
    09-27-16 05:14 AM
    I bought a 2017 Ford Escape yesterday. The salesman demonstrated all the cool features of the free android app " Ford Pass". It includes remote start, locating by GPS in parking lots etc. My wife, and I, said " No problem as our Z30 s run android apps". So I got the app off 1- Mobile Market and set the password up with Ford only to get the message, on screen, that it will not run without Google Play Store! I thought BlackBerry's QNX division made the Ford Sync system so how can it be that a BlackBerry cannot use its remote features?

BB, Still the One
    See if Cobalt's Google Play Store solution helps.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/
    09-27-16 06:26 AM
    yeah. more than likely that's not gonna work on your phone. Have you used Cobalt's method to install Google Play Services and the Play Store? I would try that first and then see if it works. You might have a shot with that method. Otherwise, no. It's made for pure Android phones.
    09-27-16 06:26 AM

BB, Still the One
    I am going to assume that this is a rhetorical question.
    09-27-16 09:45 AM
    I am going to assume that this is a rhetorical question.
    Yes-- lol. : )

BB, Still the One
    09-27-16 09:58 AM
    The QNX division didn't create the spec list or the supported mobile platforms for this vehicle - Ford did. Ford licensed QNX, but Ford created the interface and made the decisions about how it was implemented, and of course, they weren't worried about supporting an OS with 0.1% marketshare (BB10), even if that mobile OS shared its base components with their base components. It just doesn't work that way. QNX has zero influence on which mobile OSs will be supported by the vendors who license it.
    09-27-16 10:05 AM
    Lol is this your first time running into this issue?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 01:41 PM
    Lol is this your first time running into this issue?
    Yes but guess I am not much of an app guy! Besides news apps, I just use "Sync my ITunes" and the android Fitbit app which syncs well with my Flex. This is my first big disappointment. : (

BB, Still the One
    09-27-16 02:44 PM
    A true crackberry "loyalist" would return the car, regardless of the $4000 depreciation hit.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    09-27-16 03:11 PM
    A true crackberry "loyalist" would return the car, regardless of the $4000 depreciation hit.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    Hahaha I had to laugh at that one.

 C L A S S I C
    09-27-16 08:52 PM
    Some follow- up: So I got a Samsung Galaxy S7 as my new 2017 Ford Escape's FordPass app would not run on my Z30 without Google Play. It gives me remote start, which is not in the vehicle otherwise. Also, remote locking and parking lot locating. Best, though, it gives me free Navigation, which I would lack on my lower level Escape, on the QNX Sync3 screen when I plug in the S7. It even works with S7's data turned off. (The S7 is for my wife, and we will both use it for the vehicle, but still use my Z30, my favorite phone ever).
    By the way, went to a Bell store to get a Priv or DETEK50 but the salesman told me "We do not advise BlackBerry as they do not make phones anymore". Went, then, to Costco where they were neutral and had much lower prices (gift cards) for the same phones on Bell. My wife wanted the Samsung as she had read it had the best camera although she had always been a BB10 fan. Sad!

BB, Still the One
    10-09-16 04:38 PM
    I haven't tried my new Priv in my 2017 Expedition. Now I'm curious!!

9000 >Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Lumia950>Classic>Priv
    10-09-16 05:04 PM
    Yes, gas level, mileage etc are also available remotely-- worth to check out. Also door locking and unlocking so you don't have to worry about leaving your keys in the vehicle. Still really bugs me, though, that you need Google Play!!

BB, Still the One
    10-09-16 08:20 PM
    Yes, gas level, mileage etc are also available remotely-- worth to check out. Also door locking and unlocking so you don't have to worry about leaving your keys in the vehicle. Still really bugs me, though, that you need Google Play!!

BB, Still the One
    The door locking and unlocking is not needed in a Ford as it has a keypad on the door. Unless you forget the code! LOL

9000 >Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Lumia950>Classic>Priv
    10-09-16 09:25 PM