I bought an unlocked storm on Monday, put in my Sim and it worked perfectly. I had to wipe the memory from the VZ account previous. That was fine. I tried to add my email (hotmail) and i received the email back saying go to BB email setup and activate your password. I went numerous times to this and could not find the setup activation.
    I found the setup but it would only let me create a new one, or sign in, but when i tried to sign in it said already activated. I then tried to do the BIS thing online and it said account already set up with this pin.

So, i then started my Storm and erased the memory again to start from scratch but there is no browser and no setup email this time. It's strange as my BB messenger works fine. I am so frustrated right now with this phone i am thinking it was a mistake buying it. I have been a BB user for 2 years and love my 8800. is there anyone that can help me??? Please
    02-04-09 12:50 PM
    Go to the Storm Forums, the How To Sub Forum. There is a thread dedicated to using the Storm with full data support on TMo. If the thread can't help you, just post your question on that thread and some of those who have done it will help you.
    02-04-09 01:24 PM
    I had a similar problem. Somehow my FIREWALL got switched on.. Blocking all access with the outside world.. Hope its that simple,.. Good luck..

I bought an unlocked storm on Monday, put in my Sim and it worked perfectly. I had to wipe the memory from the VZ account previous. That was fine. I tried to add my email (hotmail) and i received the email back saying go to BB email setup and activate your password. I went numerous times to this and could not find the setup activation.
    I found the setup but it would only let me create a new one, or sign in, but when i tried to sign in it said already activated. I then tried to do the BIS thing online and it said account already set up with this pin.

So, i then started my Storm and erased the memory again to start from scratch but there is no browser and no setup email this time. It's strange as my BB messenger works fine. I am so frustrated right now with this phone i am thinking it was a mistake buying it. I have been a BB user for 2 years and love my 8800. is there anyone that can help me??? Please
    02-04-09 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD