Ok my OS is currently on .162, I want to upgrade my OS to .237. I have already wipe out my original OS using JL_Cmder. For some reason, CrackMem won't work even though I followed all the steps from one of the post here. Anyways after successfully wiping my OS using JL_Cmder, I followed the steps to upload the OS I want using Apploader under Desktop Manager. My Bold boots up fine and everything after uploading and restoring backups and third party apps, but when I check the software version under options on my Bold, it's still under .162! I already uninstalled this version from Control Panel of my PC and installed the .237 OS, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've wasted so much time on this already, so any help would be awesome, thanks!
    03-07-09 06:00 PM
    This might be a silly question but have you deleted the vendor.xml file after installing .237 to your PC?
    03-07-09 06:33 PM
    c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\apploader and delete the vendor.xml file. Also, if you are using Vista make sure you search for other copies of the file other places on the system. Delete all of them.
    03-07-09 06:38 PM
    Yes I've already done that, and yes I'm using Vista. So can I use the vendor.xml file name to search for the additional files I need to delete? And I'm presuming once that's done I should be able to finally upload .237 to my Bold? Thanks for the help btw

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 08:59 PM
    c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\apploader and delete the vendor.xml file. Also, if you are using Vista make sure you search for other copies of the file other places on the system. Delete all of them.
    Yes! I've finally done it! I did what you said and searched and deleted the additional vendor.xml files in hidden folders. I'm really enjoying .237, thanks for the advice
    03-08-09 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD