I have Q10 and a playbook that I'm satisfied with.
    But I want my old Bold 9930 again.
    I can never stop looking at them on ebay and wanting to purchase one if not more.
    More so I can just hand them out to family.

Don't get me wrong the Q10 is a great phone and BB10 is an insanely good OS, But the bold just has a grasp on me that won't go away.
    Everything about the phone was just about perfect. To me it was lacking only 1 thing, and thats why I got a Playbook.
    If I could've somehow got access to my Amazon music cloud account in a somewhat decent fashion I probably would have never upgraded.

The Charging contact points alone were the best thing since sliced bread.The stand was the ultimate accessory. So much so that I bought 2. One for home and work.

One can only hope for the return of the contact points on the "Classic".
    Maybe just maybe it will return that "Bold" like feel again.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    07-28-14 09:21 PM
    Did you keep a Bold with your other memorabilia?

Or do you want to get one just for that?

BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal!
    07-28-14 10:50 PM
    Simple. Carry both.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 10:54 PM
    I kept a 9900 as a backup but still like my Q10 better. Cant wait for the classic! It would probably be both combined with better specs

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-28-14 11:07 PM
    Did you keep a Bold with your other memorabilia?

Or do you want to get one just for that?

BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal!
    Nope, didn't get to. Had to trade it in when I got my Q10.
    I kinda want to get it for my daily device. But like I said it lacks the one app, that would have made me keep it. (amazon mp3 cloud access)

It appears to be that it will indeed be chenomenal.
    I'll wait silently as many others will for more details on the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 05:15 AM
    It is not useless, I am moving it to general as it is a BlackBerry discussion afterall. Oh, the P9983 looks more appealing each day lol

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    07-29-14 05:21 AM
    I absolutely agree with the OP. Even though I have the new BB10's and even a couple of androids, I still have my trusty BB9900 available and on plan with TMO. I just can't give it up. It feels so right in the hand and it does everything I really need to do so it is a keeper and I even have a second BB9900 as a backup to my primary BB9900. lol (I also have a BB9930 with Page Plus!)
    07-29-14 05:39 AM
    I am with the OP. I have a z10 but since losing my 9900 to a water accident I constantly check craigslist and eBay for a 9900 at a cheap price.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 06:48 AM
    I have one 9930 sitting in my drawer for some years.

It's been powered on for 10 mins, but otherwise unused because I'm in Denmark where the 9900 was the one being sold and used.

PM me if you are interested.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 06:59 AM
    I can never stop looking at them on ebay and wanting to purchase one if not more.

Don't get me wrong the Q10 is a great phone and BB10 is an insanely good OS, But the bold just has a grasp on me that won't go away.
    Everything about the phone was just about perfect. To me it was lacking only 1 thing, and thats why I got a Playbook.
    If I could've somehow got access to my Amazon music cloud account in a somewhat decent fashion I probably would have never upgraded.

The Charging contact points alone were the best thing since sliced bread.The stand was the ultimate accessory. So much so that I bought 2. One for home and work.

Same here buddy.. I also look out for Bold 9900 once a month. Don't know why....

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Q10Bold likes this.
    07-29-14 07:09 AM
    Still keep my old 9900 powered up and regularly charged. Never know when I might need it. Plus, I still back up my music to it so I can use it as an mp3 player.

My wife still uses her 9900 and won't upgrade because she loves it so much.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    07-29-14 07:16 AM
    I like using it for emails.

Because of it's size , is very portable.
    Has a good build - have dropped it a few times and it takes it.

It uses very little data , no need for expensive unlimited data plans.

What's not to like ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-29-14 07:38 AM
    I completely understand. I am also waiting for the Classic.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    07-29-14 08:35 AM
    I have a 9900 as a back up. I should have gotten a slider. That just might be a collectors item.

I hauled it out of storage just to see. The 9900 is a texting emailing pro but it is pretty much useless at everything else. Still I wish I would have waited for the Classic or Passport before upgrading. It was too hard to pass up a $199 Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 07-29-14 at 10:48 AM.
    07-29-14 08:56 AM
    I miss my Bold 9930 as well. I enjoyed the custom themes, the touch plus keypad, the trackpad and many other things. I think Verizon still has the 9930. I might have to look into this further for my secondary device.
    07-30-14 12:08 PM
    I've been looking out for them as well for a couple of months but honestly, I wouldn't do it unless you have a really good reason for it.
    Basically the 9900 was a very good device and I think the form factor is probably the best and most elegant one BlackBerry has ever produced.

But still, they are just getting really outdated now and it is very likely that you will miss your Q10 if you decide to switch. And as time is passing by, it will get even more difficult to keep up with a legacy device. The day will come when BlackBerry won't support them anymore too.

So think about it very well.
    If you still want to buy it, the good thing is that they're very cheap right now on ebay, so it won't hurt too much if it's a bad investment and you still have a good BlackBerry collectible.
    DarkJoker33 and 3Dee like this.
    07-30-14 12:26 PM
    I always look back to my Bold as well. Sadly it's too broken and expensive for me to repair and fixed.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 12:35 PM
    I always feel like I don't have a heart whenever I read posts like this. I had two 9900s, black and white, and sold the black one along with the Torch 9810 before I got the Z10.

I kept the white 9900 because I thought I might want to switch back to it if BlackBerry 10 wasn't what I wanted, and part of me knew that the 9900 was never sold by U.S. carriers, to it was "rare" (as if a rare BlackBerry means anything to most people! haha)

After just a week with my Z10, I knew that there was no way I could ever go back to that aged OS. BlackBerry 10 truly made OS 7 feel old. The 9900 form factor was nice, and of course I got the Q10, again in white and black, and I'll get the Passport and Classic too. But for me, BlackBerry 10 is where it's at. The legacy OS was aged nicely and the 9900 served me well for almost 2 years. But I can't even look at those devices anymore. I pity people who still have a 9900, to be perfectly honest. The Q10 takes some getting used to, but once you're used to it, it makes the 9900 even that much more glaringly dated.
    07-30-14 12:38 PM

Yeah for the bold os10 experience simply wait for the classic. If you are still not convinced then just go for it. From my personal experience once you go OS10 is very hard to enjoy OS7 again the difference is like day and night.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    07-30-14 03:32 PM
    Yeah for the bold os10 experience simply wait for the classic. If you are still not convinced then just go for it. From my personal experience once you go OS10 is very hard to enjoy OS7 again the difference is like day and night.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    My question is did you take a look at the new BlackBerry Classic? It looks likke a giant Q5 instead of the old Bold shape. I don't know does anyone else feel the way?

Posted via CB10
    anon5288998 likes this.
    07-30-14 03:55 PM
    I still have my 9900. Thought about selling it, but decided to keep it. It was a good phone for my uses. Never had any issues with it. Sometimes I feel like going back to it too. And then, I think about getting the Classic!
    07-30-14 04:00 PM
    I actually agree. The Classic form factor looks much more like the Q5 than the 9900 and Q10. I like both designs though so I am happy either way.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 05:35 PM
    Still I carry a Bold 9900, I can relate to you OP, it was and still is a good device for communication.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 05:39 PM
    I just switched back to my 9930 yesterday!

Join me, won't you?

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    07-30-14 06:49 PM
    Still have my Bold 9930, just won't get rid of it, it's a keeper. Ps, still have my Curve as well...

Posted from my awesome Z30!
    07-30-14 09:08 PM
63 123