Even though I have deleted all messages on BB, the message icon is showing that I have two messages. Is there anyway I can get the icon off? I don't have any unread messages, phone calls, texts, etc. Any suggestions?
    11-02-08 02:40 PM
    Make sure you unhide all folders and check there, also check any applications you may have downloaded that inculde alerts (like weatherbug)
    11-02-08 02:50 PM
    Try a battery pull (take battery out with phone on, leave out
    for 30 seconds and put it back)

You can also open DM, connect phone, go to Backup/Restore,
    click advanced, in the pane on the right highlight MESSAGES and
    select CLEAR. Do a battery pull.

This will take out any messages that you have saved, so it
    would be a good idea to do a backup first. That way when the
    icon is gone you can restore your messages.
    11-02-08 03:37 PM
    This happened to me also. I thought it may have been because I deleted the messages before I opened them. After trying many suggestions, I restarted the phone by pressing and holding alt,right shift, and Del. It worked for me.
    11-02-08 04:04 PM
    Message icon displayed 1 message but after checking all message folders were empty, I attempted your method & it worked great on my Blackberry Curve 8900! Thanks for the info!
    01-25-10 02:36 PM
    Last week i was in USA and using T mobile and received voice message and my screen showed message icon,then i came Canada and its showed roaming , Now i am using Canadian Rogers Sim but still my storm 9530 showing i have message and and have roaming,can some body help
    02-11-10 04:47 PM
    this happened to me, somehow the BB didnt sync with my mailbox correctly.. It delete the messages on the BB, but it didnt delete them or mark them read in my email account. It was showing I still had messages, and i just did a reconcile. Fixed my problem!
    02-11-10 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD