I have what appears to be a calendar icon on my Blackberry 8530 (new Curve). I have checked and double checked my calendar by month, week and day. I have nothing pending. How can I get rid of this?
    02-24-10 12:05 PM

Huh? Have you ever had a Blackberry before? The Calendar icon is there to stay. It's an integral part of the OS, no matter if you have appointments in it or not. If you don't like it, "Hide" the icon by highlighting it and hitting Menu/Hide.
    02-24-10 12:14 PM
    Are you talking about the icon or an alert?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 12:16 PM
    You can always tray a battery pull as that fixes a lot of issues.
    02-24-10 12:19 PM
    I think he means an icon alert. Sometimes those can get stuck like the message
    indicators. Should go away after a battery pull.
    02-24-10 12:19 PM
    I think he means an icon alert. Sometimes those can get stuck like the message
    indicators. Should go away after a battery pull.
    If this is the case and they are sure there are no entries in the Calendar database, they really need to double check that and looking at the calendar alone might not be enough. If they don't use their calendar, they need to look at the database status under Options/Status/Menu/Database Sizes and make sure the calendars listed are at 0 bytes.
    02-24-10 12:28 PM
    Thank you everyone. This is my 2nd blackberry and I've never had this icon (alert/indicator) before. It's at the top of the screen where I get SMS and email icons (new msg alerts). When I check those the icon goes away, but not when I check the calendar. I've had the phone for about a month now and its been on there the last 5 days.
    02-24-10 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD