I am a newbie and need some e-mail help. I set up my outlook office e-mail on my BB Curve 8330 and can receive e-mails from everyone except the people in my office. It seems like if someone is connected to our office server and sends me an e-mail it just goes straight to my Outlook and never to my BB. I am set up using BIS. I have also tried setting up rules in Outlook to forward or redirect office peoples e-mail to my cell provider e-mail account, but that doesn't work either. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    02-03-09 06:40 PM
    I am a newbie and need some e-mail help. I set up my outlook office e-mail on my BB Curve 8330 and can receive e-mails from everyone except the people in my office. It seems like if someone is connected to our office server and sends me an e-mail it just goes straight to my Outlook and never to my BB. I am set up using BIS. I have also tried setting up rules in Outlook to forward or redirect office peoples e-mail to my cell provider e-mail account, but that doesn't work either. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    02-03-09 07:54 PM
    Do you happen to know if your organization uses Exchange 2007? My company just migrated to Exchange 2007 and blocked access to email via BIS. That could be your problem. If not you might try checking to make sure you have the correct server name etc... in your BIS config.

If your company is blocking access to BIS, you might try an app called NotifySync. I've been trying it out for about a week now. It works pretty well. It works like MS Activesync for WinMo devices.
    02-03-09 08:04 PM
    We do use Microsoft Exchange and I think it is 2007. I can receive emails from my work e-mail account, just not any that are sent by someone in the office. I will check out NotifySync. Thanks for your help.
    02-03-09 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD