I have a Bold 9000, love it to bits but I cant receive files via Bluetooth, I can send ok but when I connect up to another device it cuts off straight away and disconnects, thanks
    01-24-10 06:03 PM
    Whether you are sending or receiving, you have to let the BlackBerry initiate the transaction. In Media, press Menu and select Receive Using Bluetooth. Let the BlackBerry control the connection. That may solve your problem.
    01-24-10 06:31 PM
    it works fine now cheers Jeff
    01-25-10 04:22 PM
    Whether you are sending or receiving, you have to let the BlackBerry initiate the transaction. In Media, press Menu and select Receive Using Bluetooth. Let the BlackBerry control the connection. That may solve your problem.
    If both devices are BlackBerrys, which one need to initiate the transaction?
    01-25-10 04:27 PM
    If both devices are BlackBerrys, which one need to initiate the transaction?
    The receiving device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 05:42 PM
    The receiving device.

Thanks.

01-25-10 05:45 PM
    hi jeff
    I am using IVT Bluesoleil program on my bluetooth on pc. I can send files from bb to pc but cannot find a way to send back from pc to bb.
    do you have any solution?
    02-01-10 02:20 AM
    I do a partial reply in the other thread.

When I want to send from the computer, in Wind Explorer I RIGHT-click on a file and use the SEND-TO option and pick BT from that list. I also can click on the Bluetooth icon in my TaskTracy and pick SEND from that.
    02-01-10 09:02 AM
    hi jeff
    I am using IVT Bluesoleil program on my bluetooth on pc. I can send files from bb to pc but cannot find a way to send back from pc to bb.
    do you have any solution?
    In addition to F2's comments, you have to initiate the transfer from the BlackBerry. To send from PC to BB, start on the BlackBerry with "receive using Bluetooth." Let the BlackBerry control the transmission from the PC.
    02-01-10 12:30 PM
    I know Jeff, here is my problem, i read from other thread it says:

ratei
    14-12-2006, 05:10

Don't be confused between Bluetooth File Transfer Service and Bluetooth Object Push Service.

The WIDCOMM right click thingie in explorer is an Object Push Service. You'll get the same effect if you use Object Push Service in BlueSoleil; use the Send Objects command and a dialog window will ask what file(s) you want to send. Object Push will just send the files to device, letting device decide what should be done to the file.

To find the Send Objects command.
    1. Click the sphere in the center to discover the devices around you
    2. Click on the device you want to discover the service it supports; supported services will be highlighted as yellow and a box around it (the icons above)
    3. Right-click on the Object Push service Icon and select Send Objects
    4. Select the files you want send
    5. Click OK, that's it.

The only difference is that WIDCOMM object push is integrated within explorer while BlueSoleil object push is located in BlueSoleil application.

I tried with my bb following your solution let bb initiate by clicking "receive using bluetooth" , I follow the above step by step, but whne come to sending file it only can send I don know PIM file? something like that, i guess its calender and contacts something liek that. when come to sending documents just won't pass.

I can't post image, have only 8 posts
    02-02-10 02:12 AM
    It sounds like either your computer or the BlackBerry doesn't support the Bluetooth function you are trying to perform. My Tour, for example, supports Headset, Handsfree, Serial Port Profile, Data Transfer, SIM Access Profile, Dial-Up Networking, Audio Source, and A/V Remote Control Target. Unfortunately I don't have a PC with Bluetooth available to check whether Data Transfer would allow me to send a generic file from my PC to my Tour.
    02-02-10 07:35 AM
    WOW, I got it..
    here is how it works..
    1 let bb initiate connection "receive using bluetooth" while waiting....
    2 select object push service in PC bluetooth dialog window
    3 send object
    4 select files you want to send
    5 and send
    6 Click the sphere in the center of PC bluetooth dialog window

It works, this is crazy I follow until step 5 never expected to only one click away from done.

I was hopeless with the device and just playing with clicking. I GOT IT.

Thank you all
    I finally got my job done easier n fast now.
    02-03-10 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD