Has anyone been able to get GMail basic HML view to work using their bb browser? It will not allow me to open individual mail in that setting. The arrow never turns to hand when I hover over the Email link to open it. I've tried using the Blackberry, MS Explorer, and Netscape emulation modes. They all yield the same results.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 03:40 AM
    Why not try the official Gmail for Mobile app? Works great and lets you keep up with multiple Gmail accounts at the same time:

Google Mobile - Gmail
    11-13-08 06:18 AM
    I have the GMail app. Only problem, it does not support HTML. Sometimes I get comical Emails from family and friends that may contain an image within the Email. I'm not able to view it using the GMail app. The image does not show in the GMail mobile view setting using your browser either.
    I am able to get it to work using Opera Mini though. Today someone sent me an Email that contained 10 pictures within the Email body. Opera was able to load the first 4 pictures, but the remaining 6 never finished downloading. I wasn't sure if Opera Mini had an Email file size limit. So I tried to see if the blackberry browser would yield better results.
    11-13-08 07:39 AM
    I fianlly figured out a way to open GMail messages in basic html mode using my browser.
    When in basic html mode for GMail, I'm unable to open messages because the arrow never converts to a hand when hovered over the message link.
    For a fix, I click the menu key and choose Select Mode (as if I wanted to copy and paste text).
    I then move the cursor over the message link I want to open, then press Enter. I'm then able to view the Email message.
    11-15-08 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD