I have a BB Torch w OS6 using BIS with Outlook 2010.

I have two folders for contacts in Outlook that must stay separate, but I need both on my phone. The default contacts folder currently syncs fine, but I cannot get the subfolder to sync because contact folder mapping seems disabled.

When I'm in DM on the screen where you select Calendar, MemoPad, Address Book, or Tasks, if I click address book then "Advanced" (which is where you map folders) I get a popup error:

Error encountered. Error code - 0x83860060. Check documentation.

I click ok, and it goes to the mapping screen where it says "No folder mapping is available for Address Book section."

The other 3 apps map folders just fine, it's just my address book that needs tweaking.

Anyone know how to fix this? Pretty please with sugar on top?
    Last edited by texasyankee; 09-09-10 at 11:19 PM. Reason: to clarify title
    09-09-10 11:19 PM
    Sounds like you are on a personal BIS account, which has just basic Outlook capabilities.

I think BES accounts add more Outlook options, but I'm not on BES, so I can't answer that part. I believe BES users can have e-mail subfolders on their BBs - not sure about address books, though.

You can create categories, and filter the contact list that way (you can also do that within Outlook, I believe).
    09-10-10 07:57 AM
    BIS can do what I am talking about - I had it working for years. I've just run into a snag somewhere.
    09-10-10 08:32 AM
    I have the exact same problem, although it's with my calendar sub-folder. This happened a while ago to me and it was a corrupt "date" in my calendar that was a shared appointment. However, I haven't been able to resolve for the last two days since this just happened to me again over the weekend, very frustrating.

Not sure if you added anything recently to your address book or if you entered a new contact in a different manner recently... but since it was working before, something is telling the intellisync process that their is an error is my best guess?
    09-13-10 09:17 AM
    texasyankee...

I finally was able to resolve a similar error message that you keep seeing when trying to sync your sub-folders. I saw this on another forum so I cant take credit, but i thought that I would pass it along... try deleting the "Intellisync" folder. It most likely has a corrupt file.

To properly clear the sync settings with MS Outlook and start over with the sync, complete the following steps:

1. On the computer, navigate to the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\[user_name]\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry.
    2. Right-click the Intellisync folder and click Delete.
    3. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    4. Double-click Synchronize and click Synchronize now.
    (if you don't see the folder, make sure that you can see hidden files)

Good Luck!
    09-13-10 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD