Hi. I have a Blackberry curve 8310. I have the BB Messenger icon and when I click on it, a note comes up that says i have to pick a screen name--I then click ok (planning to enter a screen name), but instead another message comes up that says my screen name can't be empty. So I am never given the option to type in a screen name.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this problem??

thanks!
    04-07-09 04:34 PM
    I've seen someone post about this problem on here before but to no solution. Do you have a BB data plan to begin with? Just to be sure.
    04-07-09 04:47 PM
    Yes, I do. Any help would be appreciated!!
    04-07-09 05:13 PM
    So in that same message window that gives you the "ok" option, there isn't more to scroll down to to enter text in that same message window?
    04-07-09 05:16 PM
    Yeah, it should come up and say "Type your name how you would like others to see it" ... Scroll down and type (in the same window) what you want your screen name to be, then hit OK.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 05:30 PM
    Did you ever find the solution? I have the same problem. There is nothing to scroll down to, just the endless loop of "please enter your name as you would like others to see it - OK or Cancel" Cancel closes the program. OK brings you to "Your name cannot be empty" with only OK as the choice.
    04-09-09 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD