to check and see if you can use the wifi on your phone take out the sim and fire it back up. i did and i get wifi perfectly but obviouslt cant use the phone. at&t does not lock you out if you dont have a data plan. i refuse to pay $30 per month for a data plan just because i have a bb, when any other phone's plan is $10.. heres an idea go on to at&t and go on your acct and change your phone and try to get the $10 data plan. im planning on changing my phone so i can get the $10 data plan...
    Where would you find this plan at? I checked all the major wireless companies, sprint, tmobile, verizon, cellular south and the only one that had a $10 data plan was cellular south but they charge for downloading and wee little things like that.
    08-16-09 10:00 PM
    OK, the O.P.'s original problem is EXACTLY what's happening to me (details on the "how can you tell if Wifi or Edge" thread).

I guess I'm going to have to give in and spend a couple of hours with tech support. If I find out anything, I'll post back.

This is insane. Maybe I should have bought a Pre, even WITH the Oreo effect.
    08-17-09 11:15 PM
    My WiFi goes in and out at my house, and the UMA calling is not working properly for some reason
    08-18-09 03:22 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD