First post here, couldn't find any answers through search. New BB 8310 curve with cing/att not signed up with any BB services, just cing/att data plan. GPS won't refresh the coordinates at all. It goes through the motions but still stuck on the same ones for 3 days (and yes, I am in a diff location.) Any thoughts?

Thanks
    02-14-08 06:47 PM
    Ideally, you need a clear view of the sky, preferably to the south if you're in the northern hemisphere. The satellites are orbiting over the equator. It can easily take 3 to 10 minutes to get a lock on enough satellites to establish your position. If it worked once, it should work again.

Heavy overcast or rainstorms or snowstorms locally or in the direction of the satellites can also weaken the signal to the point where it becomes unusable.
    02-14-08 07:38 PM
    I've had a similar problem. Just got a GPS puck for my Verizon 8830. BB Maps works beautifully, but Googlemaps is intermittent. It seems to be unable to refresh even when I press "0" to find my location. Can't be a satellite problem since BB Maps works fine! When Googlemaps did work in finding me, it was very accurate. So right now, can't rely on Googlemaps for navigation, but BB maps are great... Hopefully I can get this resolved!
    02-15-08 06:16 PM
    As a follow-up to my previous posting, I'm finding that I HAVE to run the BB Maps (using Start GPS navigation) and once that is running, THEN I also start the GoogleMaps app. Googlemaps will then work perfectly in tracking me. Somehow, it needs to have BB Maps running in the background for that to happen. Don't know why, seems a waste, but that's what I've found!
    I use the Keychain GPS 2000 puck.
    Last edited by organman; 02-20-08 at 04:02 PM. Reason: clarification
    02-20-08 03:58 PM
    I've had a similar problem. Just got a GPS puck for my Verizon 8830. BB Maps works beautifully, but Googlemaps is intermittent. It seems to be unable to refresh even when I press "0" to find my location. Can't be a satellite problem since BB Maps works fine! When Googlemaps did work in finding me, it was very accurate. So right now, can't rely on Googlemaps for navigation, but BB maps are great... Hopefully I can get this resolved!
    That's a Verizon issue.
    02-20-08 10:36 PM
    Sometimes the GPS functionality doesn't work when the Wi-Fi in enabled. Try to turn off all connections and see if that works.
    02-21-08 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";