Hi All

Am seeking some help as a new user to the Blackberry. Am currently running a MAC using OS X 10.7.2 ( Lion).

Have downloaded the Blackberry Desktop software and all seemed well, synced some music and backed the phone up. However I could not get it to update the apps even though the phone was saying that there were 5 to update. I also could not sync the calendar either

I undocked the phone. Rebooted the MAC and tried again.

The MAC recognises the phone as it appears on my desktop, but the blackberry software does not UNLESS I reboot while the phone is connected

Am I doing anything wrong, or is it just that the BB Software simply does not work with MACS !!!

Any help would be appreciated
    01-31-12 12:11 PM
    try updating the apps from your phone.
    I'm not sure about the calendar though as i dont use iCal
    01-31-12 12:34 PM
    Hi All

Am seeking some help as a new user to the Blackberry. Am currently running a MAC using OS X 10.7.2 ( Lion).

Have downloaded the Blackberry Desktop software and all seemed well, synced some music and backed the phone up. However I could not get it to update the apps even though the phone was saying that there were 5 to update. I also could not sync the calendar either

I undocked the phone. Rebooted the MAC and tried again.

The MAC recognises the phone as it appears on my desktop, but the blackberry software does not UNLESS I reboot while the phone is connected

Am I doing anything wrong, or is it just that the BB Software simply does not work with MACS !!!

Any help would be appreciated
    Lion is still relatively new and RIM barely ever updates Desktop Manager so it may be a compatibility issue.

PS: It's just "Mac", not "MAC"
    01-31-12 03:29 PM
    Maybe this will help you: User guide
    02-01-12 12:27 AM
    Many thanks for your replies and Im now updating my Podcasts through the phone and also apps on the phone. Contacts I am syncing through Yahoo as that seems to work

Looks like Im going to have to wait for RIM to update the desktop software so it works with a Mac properly
    02-01-12 12:25 PM
    Many thanks for your replies and Im now updating my Podcasts through the phone and also apps on the phone. Contacts I am syncing through Yahoo as that seems to work

Looks like Im going to have to wait for RIM to update the desktop software so it works with a Mac properly
    02-01-12 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD