First of all I love Blackberry. I've been carrying a blackberry since the 7250. I use BB images in my web ads, print ads and screen shots. But as a business owner and freelancer, getting paid is a very high priority on my list. As of yet, there's still no clear way to get paid using my Z10! I tried side-loading Square and PayPal and Wells Fargo, none of which works correctly for depositing money. I went to a small BBQ spot to get food, the guy pulled out an old, small, raggedly android and tool my payment. I was crushed!

I want to carry one phone, but with some customers, I need to swipe a card on the spot! BB has always been a premiere business tool, but now I need BB to show me the money! I don't want to play games or watch movies on my phone. We have plenty of messaging apps.

I want to get paid.
    step07 likes this.
    07-08-13 09:48 AM
    It is up to the vendors and developers themselves to bring these applications and devices to the BlackBerry platform. BlackBerry can only do so much. Have you tried contacting your vendor of vhoice (paypay, square, etc?)
    07-08-13 09:50 AM
    07-08-13 09:54 AM
    I've sent emails to vendors as well. With the highly rated security record and capability of building top notched apps such as BBM, I figured BB could build a solution on it own.

And maybe it is up to the vendors, but I'm venting on this because all I read about is Skype, Netflix and games. I want to make sure we have fires burning for production tools as well.

( Square Up )
    07-08-13 10:05 AM
    Can you not use these merchant service providers' websites to take payments? The magnetic swipe attachment should be independent of the OS.

I'm considering switching to a different merchant service provider, and I also need to know if I can use the swipe dongle. Currently I punch in the cc numbers - it sucks.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 10:55 PM
    I emailed Square and they said they weren't interested in BB10 yet.

I have the side loaded version installed but for some reason couldn't get my account set up with them because it wouldn't accept my answers to their security/credit checks.
    07-10-13 02:39 AM
    If my business depended on a particular app. I would sure as heck have bought a device that used it.
    07-10-13 06:14 AM
    I emailed iZettle about bringing their app over - got the standard 'we're looking in to it' response.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 06:16 AM
    07-10-13 08:11 AM