I can not delete SMS messages. They appear on my home screen under messages. I have deleted prior and even though all is deleted the sms message remains. Anyone have the same issue? please help.
    09-24-07 11:48 AM
    Is anyone else having this problem on the 8300 Curve? I can't individual delete sms messages from only some of my contacts (others delete fine) and it also doesn't seem to work when I delete prior.

please help
    09-25-07 07:42 AM
    I have the same problem. SMS messages do not disappear from my home screen, even if they have been deleted and/or I do a "Delte Prior". My SMS inbox is empty.
    09-27-07 11:30 AM
    I was able to fix by going into my email options, general options, SMS and Email inbox and changing setting to "seperate." probably not the best way to fix it but it works.
    09-29-07 06:46 PM
    I have the same problem on my 8100 Pearl. Cannot delete an SMS message. Previous post did not help my problem. Any other ideas ??
    10-01-07 04:34 AM
    Thanks for that. I followed your instructions & the problem message vanished. I then returned the email settings to the original format (Theme controlled) & the message has not reappeared.

Cheers
    01-07-08 07:13 PM
    I have the 8130 Pearl - I found that my SMS messages wouldn't delete off the summary on the Theme screen for Dimension Today. I found one site telling me to use the Desktop Manager, select the Back-up and Restore, then select the Advanced button, pick the SMS Text (DB) and clear it. That works, but I obviously lost all SMS messages. If anyone else knows a better way let me know. It seems very random when they start to be "undeletable".
    03-07-08 03:11 PM
    I had the same problem and the message would stay on the summary screen even after deleting it on my pearl. I found a simple solution which worked for me. Switch off your phone, take out the battery and the sim card, leave it for a minute, put everything back in and switch on again, and it should have disappeared.
    04-10-08 10:01 AM
    I tried the power down and remove the battery on my 8320 curve I didn�t have to remove the simms all messages returned except the problem sms that I wanted to delete
    05-07-08 05:11 PM
    The DM method is the best and recommended way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 06:34 PM
    I have the same problem. There must be a simple way of repairing that glitch. Rebooting everytime this happens is annoying...

Any solution that would permanently fix the problem??
    05-11-08 03:42 AM
    I have been having the same problem on my new 8330 from Verizon. I followed the directions from the above user (qmchugh) and it took care of it for me.

Thanks!
    05-14-08 10:36 AM
    I had the same problem. The SMS message came from CVS. I did as others tried to delete, still there. FIX: Left phone on, took out battery wait 1 min, put back the battery, it cleared the message. I am not sure, but I think that it may have sayed in the Memory on the phone, even though attempting to delete it. Then taking the Battery out flushes the memory, makes sense to me but I don't know for sure. However, this worked.
    08-19-08 07:37 AM
    it's enough to set email/sms to separate, then save. then go back and change it back to theme controlled. problem solved.
    08-30-08 05:02 AM
    I have the Pearl 8110. I have tried the solution to set email/sms to separate, then save, then check the message is gone from the home screen (it is), then go back and change email/sms to theme controlled, and the sms re-appears!

Haven't tried the 'take out the battery / sim card' solutions yet. Hate doing that!
    09-24-08 09:00 PM
    i have the blackberry storm. and i sms alot and sometimes forget to delete messages....is there anyway to delete messages in bulk?
    02-22-09 02:13 AM
    messages>menu button>delete prior
    or
    messages>shift>scroll down (will highlight) all the highlighted will be deleted on menu>delete - same goes for just highlighting a date then menu>delete, all for those dates will be deleted. I suppose the storm features are the same as the curve..
    02-22-09 02:16 AM
    i have the blackberry storm. and i sms alot and sometimes forget to delete messages....is there anyway to delete messages in bulk?
    or just touch the screen with ur finger where ever u want to start to delete and with the second finger touch another 10 on the screen, DEPENDS on your screen font size how much u see. but @ least you can delete by selecting more than 1. Mulitiple choose. or the same way as the presious person said. Delete prior
    02-22-09 02:20 AM
    i have the blackberry 8900 curve, and this problem occurred, used the solution to take the battery out, worked automatically! thanks for your help it was really frustrating me
    11-25-09 04:06 PM
    I tried changing the sms/email options but mine was already set to separate and changing to theme and combined and back again didn't help. What worked for me was removing the battery for a minute. I did not even need to remove my sim card. Thanks for the tip :-)
    01-26-10 04:16 AM
    Did the 'alt', 'shift', 'del' reboot step and they removed for me.
    Same as pulling the battery without physically doing it.
    Still, shouldn't have to do that.
    02-11-11 12:55 PM
    spent a hpir on the phone with my phone company trying to get help to delete this one sms message that wont delete no matter how many times i go to delete it i have no saved messages and none on my sim card its been on my phone for about a month and i need to get rid of it now can someone please help me im desperate for help ive had so many problems with this phone already
    07-23-11 09:52 AM
    spent a hpir on the phone with my phone company trying to get help to delete this one sms message that wont delete no matter how many times i go to delete it i have no saved messages and none on my sim card its been on my phone for about a month and i need to get rid of it now can someone please help me im desperate for help ive had so many problems with this phone already
    Try deleting the message(s) in the sms first (say if your sms has 3 messages and two replies,,, that is 5 deletes) then that the sms will show empty. Then delete the empty sms from your message list.
    07-23-11 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD