So this probably isnt a very good question but I cant decide between the priv and classic :/ .

If I was forced to choose one it would be the blackberry priv because it runs android apps alot smoother which I need for being in a university. Apps such as powerpoint, word, excel, blackboard, skydrive etc. It also runs spotify better but classic runs spotify decently. The priv does have a great screen and the keyboard is decent but the classic beats the keyboard on the priv. I also like the camera on the priv and that I can view more watching videos or surfing the web.

I like the classic because i feel its a better comunication device. Everythings in the hub and I dont need to look else where. I LOVE the form the phone is it fits easily in your hand and has a better keyboard then the priv. I also like how the Classic has a better LED light and that I can customize it better. Also this may be small but I like how I can change songs in spotify using the volume buttons as well as play/pause songs. The classic also feels ALOT more durable to me, im not afraid to drop it or that something might break on it.

While i am currently thinking about keeping both I feel like it would be silly to do this carrying 2 phones around all the time >.<

Ive got 30 days to return the classic while I would have to sell the priv online to somebody I guess thats 30 days to think.

Thank you everyone for any input/ thoughts you can give me.
    05-04-16 08:42 PM
    Access your needs, then make your purchase based on those needs. Around here, you will find varied opinions on both sides. In the end, you still have to make the choice.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 02:53 AM
    Yea as the poster above I'd say that you'd have to check it yourself based on your needs.
    Both devices have their pros and cons but imo from the points you have stated, it seems like you are better off with the priv since it offers more than just form factor. I'm using a Classic myself as my main driver (work related but also for text editing/ texting and calls) and an iOS device for media/app consumption/camera.

posted via my Blueberry
    05-05-16 03:52 AM
    The Priv is better than the Classic. Better specs, faster processor, better screen, all the apps, modern looking. The only two things in favour of the classic are the superior keyboard and the BlackBerry 10 OS. Android is not as fluid as BlackBerry 10, but it is a perfectly capable OS, it's not horrible like Windows phone.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    edward_davidson likes this.
    05-05-16 04:34 AM
    I have a Passport and my wife has the Priv. I do like her phone, not the PKB. The keys are too small for me, but I do like the overall size of the Priv vs the Passport. I like that the Priv has access to all Android based apps, I prefer the features of BB10.
    I love the one hand function of the size of the Classic, still thinking about getting one, however if BlackBerry releases an Android version of the Classic I would go for that (maybe).
    Considering that BlackBerry will be updating its Android App features but not the BB10 versions I think a BB Android phone will be the way to go in the near future.
    So I would keep the Classic, and wait to see what Android phones BB releases in the upcoming year.
    05-05-16 05:16 AM
    Go with the Priv. As Blackberry is boasting it is the best (not entirely) of both worlds. Blackberry security and Hub (sort of), plus all the apps you could ever want through Google. And besides...it's always fun to play with something new! Good luck with the decision, it's built by Blackberry so I'm sure you will be happy either way.
    05-05-16 07:01 AM
    I have a classic, best phone i've ever had cause it gets the job done, simple. Best OS, easily handled, efficient, quick, durable...etc HOWEVER unfortunately BB OS10 has lost the war against Android and iOS, which makes me think that the future is going android for BB by grabbing some market in order to survive. I'm not an Apps user but I feel frustrated when many of the most popular and useful App are not available in BBworld. If I were you, I'll go for the Priv.
    05-05-16 11:23 AM
    I have both too, as well as the Leap. I am keeping my Classic as a backup. It is just a solid device , so convenient and OS10 just does so many things right out of the box. I love the form factor of the Classic and if it had Google Play, I would not have gotten the Priv.

Having said that, I also love my Priv. Mine has been solid from day one. I miss the native BlackBerry apps, but am getting to know Google Music etc well. I am good with both PKB and VKB keyboards.

Good luck with your choice. I am not letting go of my Classic though. It has my heart for sure.

Posted via my Priv
    05-05-16 01:47 PM
    Being in a university I believe the. Priv is a no brainer, you don't get the flexibility you need on a BlackBerry 10 system. However!!!!!! I've had a Priv for 3 days. It's good but not what it's cracked up to be. I hope you have small fingers. The physical keyboard is so tiny as to be insulting. There is a virtual one as well. But I think the really important thing to remember is its an android phones not a BlackBerry phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-05-16 06:08 PM
    What other Blackberry models did you have in the past? I like the older ones so much so I bought an older one and doing everything on it I was in 2011. For that POV I would stick with a Classic. BUT if you need the apps then perhaps go for the Priv.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-05-16 06:18 PM
    Let me throw in a Passport...
    good for consideration or completely out of question?

:-D

(it has the power the Classic is lacking, great hybrid keyboard, but larger and pricier)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    05-06-16 01:16 AM
    Being in a university I believe the. Priv is a no brainer, you don't get the flexibility you need on a BlackBerry 10 system. However!!!!!! I've had a Priv for 3 days. It's good but not what it's cracked up to be. I hope you have small fingers. The physical keyboard is so tiny as to be insulting. There is a virtual one as well. But I think the really important thing to remember is its an android phones not a BlackBerry phone.

You must not have owned any legacy BlackBerry devices. Looking at my old Bold 9900 right now and that key board is smaller then the Priv.
    It does take time to get used to the pkb on the Priv I have to admit but I was coming from a Passport.

05-06-16 01:29 AM
    Look ahead two years. Android is moving forward, BB10 isn't. You can count on any new apps you many need or find useful in the next two years being compatible with Marshmallow. The likelihood of those same programs being available for Blackberry 10 is practically nil.

Even if Blackberry gets out of the phone business your priv will still be compatible for many years to come. Heck, Jellybean is old as dirt in phone years, and support for it is only now starting to fade. The priv is the he more future proof phone.
    05-06-16 04:05 AM
    I picked up a Priv and liked it but not a fan of the size of the keys. So yesterday purchased a Classic. The screen is a decent size, and is nice and bright. The pkb is perfect. I have been getting some nice apps downloaded from the Amazon App store. I am fairly text intensive so having copy and paste function for text with a trackpad is a real bonus. The Classic is surprisingly hefty and solid feeling too. Cannot think of a minus at this point (just a sealed battery I guess). Good luck in your choice.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 05:09 PM
    I have a Classic love it and the keyboard. I have Snap for Google Play store. However, I do notice certain Google Play/Snap isn't updating properly on certain apps. I enjoy the BB10 OS and I'm spoiled. I keep trying to do BB10 things with my Andriod tablet it's frustrating. However, with that said I will be switching to a Priv in the near future because that's the way BlackBerry is going. Apps work better on Andriod, Google Play. I will be keeping my Classic for as long as possible as a backup. To support BlackBerry I will being going to Priv as my main driver/cell phone. So go with a Priv.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 06:08 PM
    Depends. If you value apps, a good camera, and an OS that is relevant, get the Priv. If you like an OS that is actually made by the manufacturer of the device and has more control over it, get the Classic. Only problem with that is BB10 is starting to show its age without being updated. The web browser needs an upgrade badly. Also get the Classic if you value the pkb, as others have said the Priv's leaves a lot to be desired as its too small imo.
    05-06-16 06:18 PM
    I don't own a PRIV but do own Samsung tablets (with Android) and have used a Note 3 and LG G4. After some time on each mobile Android I could not wait to put the SIM back in my Classic. More recently I used a iPhone 6s Plus. Phenomenal camera and video but other than that I again could not wait to get back to my Classic. I am not a app centric user but BBW, Amazon app stores are more than enough for my needs. The native email client and HUB on BlackBerry 10, keyboard, track pad, tool belt and shortcuts with heavy email and messaging are vital to me being efficient and managing my business via mobile when necessary. Others are just as productive with other devices but for me it's the Classic that helps me more so than any other (for now). Also I have not had any issues with the stock browser on my BlackBerry 10 devices. In fact for me it works better than the stock Samsung or Chrome on my tablet(s). I own a Z10, Passport and Classic. (Just gave my pristine year old Z30 to my mother in law-she loves it) The Classic is honestly my favorite and go to of the lot. Likely you will be happy with either choice. I like the design and look of PRIV-Android (and my experience with it as an OS) is what prevented me from buying. Good luck!

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    05-06-16 10:33 PM
    One last item. The phone (HD calling) and radio signal on my Classic has been exemplary.

05-06-16 10:35 PM
    I don't own a PRIV but do own Samsung tablets (with Android) and have used a Note 3 and LG G4. After some time on each mobile Android I could not wait to put the SIM back in my Classic. More recently I used a iPhone 6s Plus. Phenomenal camera and video but other than that I again could not wait to get back to my Classic. I am not a app centric user but BBW, Amazon app stores are more than enough for my needs. The native email client and HUB on BlackBerry 10, keyboard, track pad, tool belt and shortcuts with heavy email and messaging are vital to me being efficient and managing my business via mobile when necessary. Others are just as productive with other devices but for me it's the Classic that helps me more so than any other (for now). Also I have not had any issues with the stock browser on my BlackBerry 10 devices. In fact for me it works better than the stock Samsung or Chrome on my tablet(s). I own a Z10, Passport and Classic. (Just gave my pristine year old Z30 to my mother in law-she loves it) The Classic is honestly my favorite and go to of the lot. Likely you will be happy with either choice. I like the design and look of PRIV-Android (and my experience with it as an OS) is what prevented me from buying. Good luck!

True. The best of BB nowadays is the OS, efficient, secure, quick, simple..etc; but other important features such as: hardware specs, useful apps is a big miss, no news here. I've tried in the past a couple of Android devices, and always I got the same experience: complicated, unsecure and unefficient OS, however, sadly, we should acknowledge that missing the most useful Apps ( not games or time wasters ) is pretty frustrating, besides the others companies offer high specs hardware at competitive prices although in general are weak phones in durability.
    05-07-16 01:41 AM
    From experience I have found that no one phone out there has all I want it for. I would recommend both the classic and the Priv. The Classic's PKB and tool belt make an awesome communications tool while the Priv is better for viewing the "larger pic" due to its size. The Priv is soooo much better (for me) then a pure android device.
    I personally use a Priv and BB9900 and a P9983 with my PP-SE sometimes thrown into the loop.
    05-07-16 04:15 AM
    I did give the Priv a second try and I do love the phone. But am not letting go of my Classic . Still working on setting the Priv up to meet my needs. I bought my phone off ShopBlackberry, so I now have the Marshmallow update. That involved some troubleshooting with apps etc. Totally new experience for me.

Posted via my Priv
    05-07-16 09:20 AM
    Depends. If you value apps, a good camera, and an OS that is relevant, get the Priv. If you like an OS that is actually made by the manufacturer of the device and has more control over it, get the Classic. Only problem with that is BB10 is starting to show its age without being updated. The web browser needs an upgrade badly. Also get the Classic if you value the pkb, as others have said the Priv's leaves a lot to be desired as its too small imo.
    This right here. If BlackBerry had been keeping the browser and things updated I'd be typing this on my z30 right now. Love that phone but aside from the Google aspect of my priv I'm perfectly happy with it. It does have some advantages over the z30. I like being able to use the pkb for scrolling Web pages and currently use it alot for typing on said Web pages and forums like this. I'm not really an app guy either , was content using Web pages for banking and such but some of the things I needed to do no longer work on the bb10 browser and that ultimately is what drove me to priv. As much as it pains me to say it, the priv with android is your best bet. Being in school you just need to be able to use what the masses do. Ya never know when someone is going to come up with and require you to go android or ios for crap. Been a long time since I was in school, but a lot of people I know do a lot of online stuff now. From taking tests to actually having to download their books. Get the priv

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    05-07-16 10:09 AM
    Your in university go with the Priv.
    Some young people I work with who are in college/university can't stand their I phone. They see my Classic ...they want it!
    Then I tell them about the Priv Andriod it would be best for them for their schooling. So we'll see what happens...
    Verizon rep told me the Priv is really nice device
    Typing on my beloved Classic

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 11:03 AM