Earlier today I unlocked my AT&T BlackBerry Pearl 8100 for T-Mobile service and later got the service turned on.

Everything so far was going good until I tried to register my e-mail for the BlackBerry. I always get an error 508 on the browser. I called customer service thousands of time (on T-Mobile) to see what they had to say, but none of them could fix it! One rep did say that it could be that my Pin number is being blocked by another e-mail that was made in the past.

This BlackBerry used to be my Uncles back in early '08. I'm not sure if he still had a BlackBerry data plan or not, but I know he is a user of the iPhone 3G.

We (Me & the Rep) rebooted the BlackBerry after we changed some settings, then all of a sudden apps that I tried to download in the past popped up, & my uncle's old 'att.blackberry.net' e-mail did as well.

We cleared to Service book thing. It disappeared. We tried to register the e-mail again, both on the BlackBerry & on the web. Both failed.

Is it possible that my Uncle has an e-mail still on the AT&T side of the BlackBerry? Is there a way I can delete it?

How is that? I registered it on T-mobile. Everything else works fine. (Messaging, Browser, Blackberry Messenger.)

Anyone had a similar problem? Anyone can help?
    Thanks!
    04-10-09 11:41 PM
    if you have a blackberry data package you have to log into the bis account and delete the old email account and add your own. if you dont know the password and user name, get it from your uncle. you can access your bis page by going to the email setup icon..
    04-11-09 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD