Hi all, sorry to make a new post but I searched all over these forums and scoured the internet and I can't seem to find any information about it. I just got the Torch a few days ago, and so far I love it with the exception of one thing - no matter what I do, it will not connect to my car via bluetooth for hands free calls. I have a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid, and I've never had this problem in the past. My Curve 8300 connected just fine with no issues, along with my wife's iPhone and her old Nokia phone, so I really can't imagine it being the car. In addition, I connected my Jabra bluetooth headset to the Torch no problem, so I'm really baffled. When I try to connect, the car screen says to enter the passkey on the phone, but I don't see that as an option anywhere, and then after a few seconds of waiting to connect it just says connection failed. Anyone have any sort of similar problem or anything to offer?
    08-26-10 06:35 PM
    You have to set the phone up to be discoverable and create a new connection in the device bluetooth settings. Have you done this yet? The reason it's asking for the passkey is because it hasn't been initially set up with the Torch. Once that's done, it will connect automatically.
    08-26-10 06:38 PM
    pass key is 0000

i just set it up in my new Altima
    08-26-10 06:39 PM
    You have to set the phone up to be discoverable and create a new connection in the device bluetooth settings. Have you done this yet? The reason it's asking for the passkey is because it hasn't been initially set up with the Torch. Once that's done, it will connect automatically.
    That's exactly what I'm trying to do, and it won't work. I've tried every different combination of ways, searching for a device while discoverable and not discoverable, and listening for a device to find me while discoverable and not discoverable. I go to add device, click search, and it says it finds one device, and I try to connect to it and it just fails.
    08-26-10 07:01 PM
    try to upgrade the bluetooth software of the head receiver..
    are you talking about the factory installed receiver or a 3rd party?
    08-26-10 07:08 PM
    try to upgrade the bluetooth software of the head receiver..
    are you talking about the factory installed receiver or a 3rd party?
    It's the factory installed nav system that comes with the Deluxe Camry Hybrid. It has always worked with every other phone I've tried it with so I don't know why it would need to be updated now.
    08-26-10 07:12 PM
    it might be good just to see if there's a firmware for it. I've had electronics before that needed updating because of newer features. In saying that, there really isn't anything different in regards to the torch's bluetooth setup since i think it doesn't use the latest 3.0 standard. So you're saying the receiver is finding your device, you've named your torch in the bt setup (easier to recognise which is yours) and set it as discoverable, put in the code (usually 0000) but once you get to that point that's where you have problems?
    what makes it even weirder is you stating that it works with a bluetooth headset and so there really isn't anything wrong the implementation of it.

I know a few have mentioned about having problems with their car bluetooth configuration but thats due mainly to music streaming i.e they've managed to connect to their bluetooth system but it doesn't work efficiently.

I'm no expert but i wonder why its always the car setup - it can't be any different! hmmm

so really the only outcome is to update both devices to their most updated firmware/os.
    otherwise, shoot off an email/phone to either company and see what they have to say.
    08-26-10 07:40 PM
    That's exactly what I'm trying to do, and it won't work. I've tried every different combination of ways, searching for a device while discoverable and not discoverable, and listening for a device to find me while discoverable and not discoverable. I go to add device, click search, and it says it finds one device, and I try to connect to it and it just fails.
    I Had the same problem with my NAV. It connected to all my other devices no prob but for some reason it wouldnt with my Storm. The only way I could connect it was to put the NAV into discoverable mode (there was a sequence to do so) and connect it via the phone.. I know its frustrating..
    08-26-10 07:41 PM
    I finally discovered the issue, I needed to actually name the device in the car's navi system before I tried connecting it. I don't recall having to do that while connecting past units, but it worked now. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
    08-29-10 01:52 AM
    another thing that might help that i read on here, was go into your bluetooth options and turn off encryption. it seemed like it helped me out playing my music. as far as not connecting completely, theres a certain combition of how you have to do it. double check in your car manual.
    08-29-10 04:38 AM
    don't you just love it when you get a ton of answers from the forum..
    times like this makes me wanna go back and post..
    i'm getting tired of the my phone is better than your phone threads..
    have a good weekend everyone.. and enjoy your BBs
    08-29-10 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD