Before I berate Apple again for their relentless practice for being inclusive I just wanted some confirmation. I tried to connect via Bluetooth to a IPhone 5s from my Q10 and it was rejected by the iPhone. To confirm if something was wrong I successfully connected to an Android device.

What pray tell is the problem over there at Apple?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 11:53 AM
    You can happily berate Apple, there's no file transfer via Bluetooth for iOS.
    03-23-14 12:40 PM
    But iphones are the "best phones ever". Just ask an isheep. They will tell you.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 12:42 PM
    IDK what's up with Apple and Blue tooth. I have a friend at work that has lots of issues with trying to connect to fitness monitors. He's tried everything. Seems to be an iOS7 thing. The funny thing is, when he's wearing it I can connect to it with my Z10 and he can't. Makes him mad.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 12:52 PM
    BlackBerry: "Here, I got a file for ya."
    iOS: "What's a file? Is it a photo?"
    BlackBerry: "Yeah, it's a JPEG."
    iOS: "Okay, but not over Bluetooth please, don't know how that works."
    CDM76 and bb624 like this.
    03-23-14 01:16 PM
    If I remember correctly, even in bbos we couldn't transfer via BT to iPhone. Or at least I couldn't, im not sure if it was generalized.

Hardcore BlackBerry 'er
    03-23-14 01:48 PM
    Just tried to on an iPhone 4S. The phones recognize each other, then the iPhone says it cannot connect to the ZED-10 with the only choice to press is "Forget Device" and it removes it from the list of BT devices.
    03-23-14 01:59 PM
    Still can't get over the fact that you can't send a normal file over Bluetooth to an iPhone..
    Always gotta send it with some kind of cloud solution or something that requires internet connection to my iPhone wielding friends

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 02:11 PM
    But iphones are the "best phones ever". Just ask an isheep. They will tell you.

Posted via CB10
    Well, they're no bad phones and mine still fulfills the task of a MP3-player for the car pretty well.
    That said, they're made nicely but impractical. Somehow like an exotic sportscar for that matter.
    03-23-14 02:22 PM
    IDK what's up with Apple and Blue tooth. I have a friend at work that has lots of issues with trying to connect to fitness monitors. He's tried everything. Seems to be an iOS7 thing. The funny thing is, when he's wearing it I can connect to it with my Z10 and he can't. Makes him mad.

Posted via CB10
    Only approved devices can connect.
    https://www.microchip.com/pagehandle...apple_ios.html

"Apple iOS devices such as the iPhone freely connect with Bluetooth hands-free and headset accessories. However, establishing Bluetooth data connections with Apple devices requires a unique discovery/pairing sequence and negotiation with the Apple authentication co-processor."
    Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    Last edited by bennelong; 03-23-14 at 02:46 PM.
    03-23-14 02:29 PM
    Well, they're no bad phones and mine still fulfills the task of a MP3-player for the car pretty well.
    That said, they're made nicely but impractical. Somehow like an exotic sportscar for that matter.
    LoL. Well if apple doesn't smarten up they will be the next BlackBerry. Hahahhaha

Posted via CB10
    pooar and MaxxxBerry23 like this.
    03-23-14 05:15 PM
    LoL. Well if apple doesn't smarten up they will be the next BlackBerry. Hahahhaha

Posted via CB10
    It'd take consumers smarting up to put Apple into a BlackBerry.
    03-23-14 05:55 PM
    Had this problem for awhile it can't connect to android either they do some funky stuff. Room full of BlackBerry and android when at a families ios user wanted photos, couldn't bluetooth send them so we had to email them.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    03-24-14 02:10 PM
    And it really is that easy on other platforms. Shot photos of friends in burst mode recently (around 20 pics) and wanted to share them. Just marked all 20 pictures, hit share > NFC and within a second the data transfer started via Bluetooth.
    03-24-14 03:48 PM