Trying to backup a Pearl 8110 (I can compose but can't email from phone because there's no SEND button in my menu!) so I can update or reinstall OS. First I went and downloaded BB Desktop Software 6.0 and did a backup but then couldn't open the ipd file I created (you can have software that will create but not open a certain kind of file?). After talking to ATT tech I unistalled 6.0 and installed v4.5.0. Fine, but now file will install itself but not open! Much less allow me to make a backup I can look at! Can you not see what it is you backup w desktop software? I guess they don't call it manager anymore-which for me makes sense because I can manage nothing with it! your phone#'s, texts, etc? I actually did this successfully with my old computer But can't get it to happen! Using windows 7. Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?
    03-02-11 02:20 PM
    You cannot open the .IPD file and edit it.

When you back up your information using DM, it is put in a file that you cannot view, this protects the data that you have backed up.

Sorry.

If you're just doing the backup because you want to re-install/upgrade your OS, why do you want to edit it? Kinda funny that the ATT tech didn't know this before he made you do a bunch of BS...
    03-02-11 02:23 PM
    You cannot view .ipd files on your PC without using a utility. ABC Amber used to be a good one, but it appears they have gone out of business.

You can try Berry Grab.
    03-02-11 02:26 PM
    Thanks, I wondered later if that might be it. I didn't want to edit really, I was just wanting to double check it was all backed up. Is there anything that doesnt get backed up e.g. texts?
    03-02-11 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD