I've been trying to clean up my computer to give to someone else and for the life of me, I cannot seem to uninstall the 4 previous versions of the Blackberry Device Software on my computer.

I did a clean uninstall of the Blackberry Desktop Software, but whenever I go to "Remove" a Blackberry Device Software version in the control panel, it brings up this Windows Installer prompt, saying:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that in unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Blackberry 8900.msi' in the box below"

Then it refers to a local TEMP folder (WTF?). When I hit "OK", it says it can't find it, then if I hit cancel, it doesn't get deleted.

Help??
    12-13-11 12:13 PM
    It sounds like they have already been either fully or partially installed. If you're using Windows 7, go to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common files\

and delete the entire Research in Motion folder.
    12-13-11 01:46 PM
    It sounds like they have already been either fully or partially installed. If you're using Windows 7, go to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common files\

and delete the entire Research in Motion folder.
    Thanks Trucky - found the folder and nuked it.

They still show up in the control panel add/remove programs. ANyway to get rid of it here?
    12-13-11 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD