About a week ago, my IT administrator had to reset the server at work. I got a message saying I had to log onto BIS and revalidate my email account. It kept giving me the same error, "unable to connect to email server or invalid server name".

Frustrated, I deleted the account and figure it'd be a snap to start from scratch and add it again.

I've been trying for a week and I cannot get this thing to work! I've tried to add the POP/IMAP account and the Outlook Webmail Exchange account and I just keep getting the same error - "Cannot connect to email server or invalid server name". Nothing seems to work.

I've checked with my IT administrator and he confirmed that I am using the correct server name. I have a personal account through Gmail and it is working fine, but I cannot get the work email to catch. I'm at my wits end!

Any suggestions?
    09-01-09 09:39 AM
    that sucks
    09-01-09 09:43 AM
    Try accessing your email account using Email Hosting Services | Pick Up Your Email | mail2web.com, if you can list your emails then the server is working fine, if then guess what?
    09-01-09 11:11 AM
    I'm hesitant to check my email on a site like that - any other suggestions?
    09-01-09 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD