Ok, I have to say that I am a bluetooth newbie. Here is my problem. About a month ago I purchased a bluetooth usb adapter so I could sync my bb with desktop manager without a cable. It worked good for about a week but now it doesn't work. When I open desktop manager and it tries to connect to my BlackBerry, the screen just flashes connecting to desktop... It never gets anywhere.

I have reinstalled DM, tried to pair the devices again and it doesn't work. When I open dm and go under connection settings and click detect, it finds my BlackBerry but it won't actually connect to it.

I have my BB set to always trust connections from my PC. Nothing I do seems to work? Any ideas?
    11-03-07 03:37 PM
    Ok, I have to say that I am a bluetooth newbie. Here is my problem. About a month ago I purchased a bluetooth usb adapter so I could sync my bb with desktop manager without a cable. It worked good for about a week but now it doesn't work. When I open desktop manager and it tries to connect to my BlackBerry, the screen just flashes connecting to desktop... It never gets anywhere.

I have reinstalled DM, tried to pair the devices again and it doesn't work. When I open dm and go under connection settings and click detect, it finds my BlackBerry but it won't actually connect to it.

I have my BB set to always trust connections from my PC. Nothing I do seems to work? Any ideas?
    I think this has to do with Windows and some security update rather than BB Desktop or your adapter. It worked well with my BB and Samsung T809 for the longest time and then stopped. I have tried everything too. My phones are seen and connected and MS bluetooth shows the connection, and to add, they work mass storage. However, it will not access Outlook records (sync). I'm just waiting it out to see if future MS updates correct this. I'm tired of wasting time on something I now feel we can't fix on our end. I have uninstalled my Adapter and tried all the drivers I can find. Do keep in mind, Blackberry says Microsoft native BT drivers must be used.
    11-06-07 09:42 AM
    I am using MS drivers I believe. But anyway, the other day it started working again randomly. Hopefully it will keep working. *knocks on wooden desk.*
    11-06-07 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD