I've placed this question in another thread with no hits.... sorry for the repeat....

My husband and I are travelling to Canada in a few weeks. We have the BB Tour (new BB owners, first time , here ) and have VZW for our carrier. (I did post this in VZ site).

I want to know if we have to pay add'l usage if we use our phones for internet, email, phone when we go or is our 29.99 data plan covering evertything? Does anybody know? I still NEED to connect to internet during this trip as I'm laid off and currently job searching... Phone I don't really care about, but I also have an addiction to keep up with my friends via FB, so if anyone can offer help - THANK YOU!!!!!
    10-22-09 03:44 PM
    Yeah roaming is pricey, your best bet is to find all the Starbucks in Van/TO/MTL (unless you're going somewhere else...don't know how populous their Starbucks locations are) for wifi.
    10-22-09 05:50 PM
    Thanks folks, making a trip to Verizon this weekend to check out their plans!
    10-23-09 09:13 AM
    I am going to Canada for the month of November.

I contacted Sprint.

I will have International Data for $69.99 and and Canada Roaming for $2.99, and Unlimited Text Messaging for $20.00.

So I'll be covered and with the Canada Roaming it's .20/minute as opposed to the .59/minute without the plan.

Not sure if that's good or not, but I calculated it out that with my Data usage last month, if I had to pay for it, it would cost me over $170.00 /month.
    10-23-09 09:22 AM
    I traveled to Canada this summer with my Verizon Curve. Outbound text messages were $0.50USD each, inbound were less but don't recall the cost. Data was moderately priced at something like $0.0002USD per kb, which was very reasonable, I thought. Phone calls were expensive, though, seems like I remember $0.69USD per minute but not sure. Call Verizon - they will be happy to supply details - (800) 922-0204

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD