One thing I have noticed is that you can (it seems) only have one app (the way they are currently programed) access the internal GPS.

So, if you want to use TeleNav, then you cannot at the same time run another app that say tracks you like GPSed, to do GPS Photos, or share you GPS location on the web.

I'm wondering if a work around might be to get a GPS puck, and have say the TeleNav use the internal GPS, while having a secondary app use a bluetooth GPS puck.

Anyone try this? Is it possible?
    04-09-08 05:48 PM
    I haven't tried that but it might be possible. The only issue I can see is that in Options >GPS you can only have one GPS source active at a time so it would depend on how the apps are written.
    04-09-08 08:12 PM
    why would you want to use both??!??
    04-09-08 08:41 PM
    I know with an external puck, you can run multiple. I've actually had BB Maps, Google Maps, GPSed and Amaze all running at the same time.

So if you go with an external puck, you wouldn't need the internal GPS running unless there's an app that would *only* work with the internal GPS.
    04-09-08 08:58 PM
    I've run TeleNav and GPSed simultaneously before. Had no problems. Started up GPSed first, started the track, then put it in the background before opening TeleNav.

Also ran Google Maps along with them because sometiems it's nice to see that sat view. (Too bad TeleNav/AT&T Nav hasn't added that one yet).

And I don't have a puck, just my 8310.
    04-10-08 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD