Well now that I got all my pix (or at least the ones that mean something to me) back on my phone and all my music back on my phone...How do I organize my pix to the order I want them? Thanks for any help...and so far the 5.0 OS is doing good...Thanks again
    01-08-10 02:41 PM
    I think it organizes them by add date I dont think you can change that
    01-08-10 02:46 PM
    Organizing your photos is limited, but there is a work around.

If you open your Media folder than Pictures, click on the BBM button and selection Options. Scroll down where you'll see the option to "Organize by Date" and "Organize by Name."

If none of these is what you want, then you can rename your photo files on your computer (i.e. 1MeandWife; 2Children; 3Pets) etc. Transfer the photos back to your phone and then organize by name and they will be in numerical sequence.

I am a professional photographer and my reason for having a Storm 2 is primarily so that I can carry demo photos around on my phone to show to potential clients. Organizing my photos was important to me so I would up renaming everything to have them in the sequence I wanted.

Hope this helps!
    01-08-10 02:47 PM
    Now am I opening my media folder on my phone or the desktop manager? Sorry...
    01-08-10 03:08 PM
    You would be opening the Media (that's what it's called on my Storm 2) on your phone. To rename your photos, you could try using the DM's Media Manager, but I find that horrendously tedious and slow. If you're on a PC, then simply use your Windows Explorer (with Windows XP it's located in Programs/All Programs/Accessories/Windows Explorer) and rename them there.

Now am I opening my media folder on my phone or the desktop manager? Sorry...
    01-08-10 04:43 PM
    You can also create subfolders within the Pictures folder and move the appropriate pictures to the appropriate folder. This done either on the phone, or via the PC with Mass Storage Mode enabled on the phone, so that the SD card shows as a drive.
    01-09-10 12:08 AM
    I agree with skwij..... creating the subfolders is a great idea; especially if you have a ton of pics, and can be done on the phone OR via DM. Good luck
    01-09-10 12:11 AM
    Ok that sounds like the easiest way...can you explain how I do this please...slowly...lmao...I appreciate it
    01-09-10 01:19 PM
    Just go to media>pictures>picture folders. Hit menu and scroll to “new folder” and name it whatever you want. It will add you newly created folder to the list, and from there you can save your pics to this folder. You can add more in the future by following the same instructions, and soon you will have many folders organized just the way you want!!
    01-09-10 01:25 PM
    So by doing this I can move those pix to this folder in the order that I want them? Thanks for your help
    01-10-10 09:11 AM
    So by doing this I can move those pix to this folder in the order that I want them? Thanks for your help
    Yes.... You will be able to "drop" the pic into your newly created folder in the order that you wish. I don't believe,however, that you can change the order once they are in the folder. (Not sure about that) never tried that before. Hope this helps!! ;D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 12:41 PM
    I make subfolders for all mine. Definitely one of the perks of a BB.

Do the guy who said picture organization is limited...try using the iphone: p you cant create folders or even move photos.
    01-10-10 01:02 PM
    I make subfolders for all mine. Definitely one of the perks of a BB.

Do the guy who said picture organization is limited...try using the iphone: p you cant create folders or even move photos.
    Actually you CAN create folders etc on th iPhone, you just have to sync via iTunes.

01-10-10 01:18 PM
    Actually you CAN create folders etc on th iPhone, you just have to sync via iTunes.

Oh really? Thats def good news. Is that from a newer update?
    01-10-10 02:17 PM
    Hmmmmmm.... I'm not sure if its a newer update or not, I just know that I had the same question a while ago and another iPhone user talked me through it. Its cool and all, and I love my iPhone, but I gotta say that my bold 9000 is definately my workhorse!! Lol...... BTW..... I'm runnin an iPhone 3Gs (jailbroken) on the 3.14 OS)

01-10-10 02:28 PM
    Using subfolders, as others here have suggested, is one way to organize your photos, but if I'm reading you correctly, you still want to have the photos in the order that you want them.

So, I'll repeat what I said earlier. You can have your photos in virtually any order you want, if you RENAME them on your computer first. The easiest way to do this is by putting a 1 in front of the first photo you want, followed by 2, 3, 4, etc. Put these numbers as the very first thing in the file name (i.e., 1DSC_3443.JPG). Once they're in the subfolders you want, then go to "Options" in your phone's Media program, and select the option to "Organize by name." It's very easy and all of your photos will be displayed in the order you want.

01-10-10 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD