I had a friend dump a whole bunch of audio files on my micro SD card then I put it in my 8110. the blackberry sees all the files and plays them, but when I link up my blackberry to my computer, it doesn't see the files, it doesn't let me back them up either. The computer sees the SD card, but it doesn't see any of the music files on it.

Can you manage and move files on a 8110 SD media card without taking it out of the phone and using a card reader?

My Blackberry Desktop Manager doesn't see the audio files either. It only sees the pics.

Im tempted to format the card using the computer but I want to dump the music files on my flash drive before I erase everything by formatting.

Any help?
    04-14-09 12:04 PM
    Are you sure the files aren't "hidden"?

And you're saying that the computer shows the songs when you put the card in with a card reader?
    04-14-09 12:23 PM
    Open the media app, press the bb key and select explore. Now go to the music folder on your device or media card and see if the files are listed. Also make sure that you enable mass storage mode before connecting it to your computer. If you don't do this your computer will recognize the BB as just as a standard device with minimum permissions. With mass storage mode enabled, you will be able to drag and drop the files between your computer and BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 05:12 PM
    I can't help you but I wanted to say welcome to the board!
    04-14-09 05:30 PM
    Open the media app, press the bb key and select explore. Now go to the music folder on your device or media card and see if the files are listed. Also make sure that you enable mass storage mode before connecting it to your computer. If you don't do this your computer will recognize the BB as just as a standard device with minimum permissions. With mass storage mode enabled, you will be able to drag and drop the files between your computer and BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have mass storage mode enabled, however the media (roxio) manager doesn not recognize my SD card. It shows that it is there, but it doesnt allow me to see what's on it or edit or drop anything into it.

I formatted the SD card from windows explorer today, and the computer lets me act like any hard drive and drag and drop files onto it. But the bad thing is the card is a 8GB and the computer only sees it as a 3.4GB card.?! This is weird. Annoying but weird.
    04-15-09 04:10 PM
    I can't help you but I wanted to say welcome to the board!
    Thank you! cute baby!
    04-15-09 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD