Ok so another thread gave me this idea to ask because I had been wondering. I highly doubt you can lock them so someone who looks at your phone can't see them. Yes my phone is locked itself but I want to password protect my pics so no one can view them. Any ideas????????

Thanks!!
    07-15-08 01:17 PM
    Not any way that I know of. You can hide folders, but not put a password on them.

And you know you're gonna get several responses asking what type of pics you have on there that you need to protect. LOL

(I won't go there)
    07-15-08 01:20 PM
    I have an application called file lock that i heard about through a similar post. It works great for what your looking to do
    07-15-08 01:21 PM
    07-15-08 01:22 PM
    I can hear the gears grinding in peoples head, hmmmm, wonder what types he's protecting.
    (Whatever they are, it's "top secret")

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 01:26 PM
    hehe see my post under the thread where the guy who got accused of cheating on his g/f/wife cuz he wanted to hide specific text msgs

Thanks guys for the responses! I'll look into that app!!!
    07-15-08 01:30 PM

Hehe....thanks.
    I was just about to reference my other thread.

Dm
    07-15-08 01:30 PM
    This works really good!! I like this program...
    07-15-08 01:45 PM
    I swear by file lock.
    07-15-08 02:02 PM
    FileLock is an awesome app for what u are looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 04:01 PM
    Thanks again.

Does anyone know if when I sync my pics w/ my computer if they will be protected on the computer too?

Probably not ???
    07-15-08 04:20 PM
    Thanks again.

Does anyone know if when I sync my pics w/ my computer if they will be protected on the computer too?

Probably not ???
    Not really, all someone would need to do is remove the .lck extension and the picture would be viewable as normal.
    07-15-08 06:36 PM
    Thanks again.

Probably not ???
    Your blackberry actually has the capability to encrypt the contents of a media card. You don't say in your post if you're using one or not. The catch is, you have to have created the pictures on the media card initially to be able to encrypt them. If you copy pix from your computer to the media card, they can't be encrypted. You also have the option to encrypt the card such that the pix can only be viewed while the card is in the blackberry.

The help file covers all this material, but it took me and another poster all afternoon to figure it out.
    07-15-08 09:19 PM
    Ok so another thread gave me this idea to ask because I had been wondering. I highly doubt you can lock them so someone who looks at your phone can't see them. Yes my phone is locked itself but I want to password protect my pics so no one can view them. Any ideas????????

Thanks!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/hid...es-help-40365/
    07-15-08 09:45 PM
    Also, this works in 4.5 it does not in 4.2 I don't know about
    4.3 so if someone check it that would be good.

Open media, click explore, navigate to the file or folder you
    want to hide, click properties, there will be a box called hidden,
    put a check in that box and the file or folder disappears from your list.

To get it back go back into media press menu, and select show hiddden
    07-15-08 09:48 PM
    i installed filelock on my bb and i have no idea what to do next.help!!
    08-29-08 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD