I have a Pearl 8100. I run the BB Today theme because I enjoy seeing the next two events on my calendar show up on the home screen. I also use gmail. I tried setting up my gmail account on my phone the way that was described in another thread using the IMAP features so that when I delete an email on my phone, it deletes from my inbox. When I did this, my calendar no longer shows me on the home screen the next two events on my calendar. I deleted the Gmail account from my phone, and set it up again but without the whole IMAP/POP thing. My home screen still does not display anything under the calendar. Is there ANY help out there for me on this subject???? It's really bothering me.
    08-08-08 04:27 PM
    Hmmm no idea. Are the calender events still in ur calender when u view the whole calender?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 04:37 PM
    Hmmm no idea. Are the calender events still in ur calender when u view the whole calender?

yeah they sure are...that's why I'm so confused
    08-08-08 04:41 PM
    Hmmm try changeing ur font and putting it back.

A softreset or battery pull won't hurt either

08-08-08 04:52 PM
    Tried both of those possible fixes already. No such luck. I wonder if I reinstalled the OS if that would work.

08-08-08 05:03 PM
    Hmmm I think that would be an over kill unless u wanted to do a major upgrade like 4.3 to 4.5 or somethin. what operating system u got right now? If its 4.5 it comes with a device wipe under options>security. U can do that after u make a back up. That would be like a OS install w/o the long install process.

Then again, I'm not the best person to take advice from so wait on some other peoples replies lol.

08-08-08 05:08 PM
    I have 4.5 and I have already tried wiping the phone clean. That didn't do it either.

08-08-08 05:10 PM
    You should never pull your battery. If you want to reset your berry use ALT-CAP-Del

GMail is in no way related to your calendar. Download the GMail app from m.google.com, and use that so you can archieve etc.

We need more detail on the appointments not showing up. Verify they are there, and in the future.

08-08-08 05:16 PM
    That reset technique doesn't work on the Pearl. And when I set up the Gmail account using IMAP it also had something to do with calendar options. Something about google's calendar or whatever. I don't know exactly but I DO know that everything was fine until I tried using IMAP.

08-08-08 05:19 PM
    i had a problem with my calendar when i upgraded to 4.5 because it put each calendar appointment associated with an email address
    very frustrating, i need all my appointments to show and i always use today plus themes
    check to see if this is the case for you
    08-08-08 05:26 PM
    I think that is my problem. Its showing both the default and my email address on the calendar and I don't know how to remove it. I think that if I could get it removed that would work.

08-08-08 05:38 PM
    Don't worry about pulling ur battery. Patrick has somethin against it lol says to do it in the BB handbook in most cases and I've never heard "I pulled my bat and my phones dead".

Yeah 4.5 is tricky with them email calenders

08-08-08 05:44 PM
    The wierd thing is that I upgraded to 4.5 and everything workrd fine. It wasn't until after I changed the gmail thing up that this happened.

08-08-08 05:50 PM
    I think that is my problem. Its showing both the default and my email address on the calendar and I don't know how to remove it. I think that if I could get it removed that would work.

Just select "Show All calendars".

For details about battery pulling, do a search on memory and battery, and read my detailed post. As a Blackberry developer, I can tell you that you can indeed brick your berry with a pull, although it is rare. Perhaps your Pearl has another key sequence to soft-reset, but if not, then you still have no real need to ever pull it, unless your phone is totally locked up. Just cycle the power off/on if required. I've NEVER pulled the batter on my Blackberry, and I use it in development and testing of alpha software.
    08-08-08 05:52 PM
    show all calendars doesnt work for me as they show inside the calendar but not on the today homescreen
    options>advanced options>default services
    set whatever email you want to show on your homescreen
    then put all your calendar appointments as this email
    (i dont see this as a beneficial feature of 4.5)
    08-08-08 05:56 PM
    I figured out how to fix it. If I delete each calendar entry and re-enter them it shows up. That is good enoug for me!

08-08-08 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD