Hey everyone,
    I have a BB and my husband does now as well. We would like to use the DM for both instead of having to use 2 different computers for 2 different DM's.

I use Outlook for my contacts/date book. It would be nice to have a seperate user for that as well.

Is having 2 users for DM possible?

Thanks
    05-25-09 10:46 PM
    Yupp, multiple users are fine for Desktop Manager. The two phones won't conflict with eachother. Regarding Outlook, I'm not sure if you'll have any issues with that seeing how I don't use Outlook, sorry.
    05-25-09 10:49 PM
    Yes, it's just plug and play, the pin of each phone will appear on the bottom of the DM software. Just be careful while syncing in that you don't get each others calendars swapped. Outlook should have the ability to set up separate accounts.
    05-25-09 10:51 PM
    Why not just create separate Windows accounts for each other on that one machine? Then you'll each have your own Outlook profile to sync with.
    05-25-09 10:53 PM
    Thats what I am worried about, sharing contacts. So, adding his phone won't be an issue. Now I guess I need to figure out how to set a seperate Outlook user account for him. I wonder if my contacts will automatically go from Outlook to his phone? Hmm
    05-25-09 10:55 PM
    Then that separate windows account could be used to be safe.
    05-25-09 10:56 PM
    You can use DM with as many accounts as you want since each person gets their own profile based off of their pin. As for outlook, you can create another account using the data file management option in outlook. Then under the sync options in DM, make sure that you choose the correct contact and calendar databases.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 10:57 PM
    Thanks everyone! I had to update the new OS update for the Pearl (he could not text photos and video). It was an Alltel update from November. It worked and he didn't share contacts.
    05-26-09 01:24 PM
    When I added a second bb to our household and synced it with dm, the contacts from the first bb was updated onto the new bb. I didnt even think about that prior to syncing, so the best way to deal with it is to create a second user account on the computer and it will work fine.
    05-27-09 12:51 PM
    When I added a second bb to our household and synced it with dm, the contacts from the first bb was updated onto the new bb. I didnt even think about that prior to syncing, so the best way to deal with it is to create a second user account on the computer and it will work fine.
    Yep, two seperate windows accounts should solve the problem of it syncing eachothers contacts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD