Is it possible, from a software licensing, software engineering, and programming standpoint to have BBOS run Android in a fashion that would allow them to utilize Google services the same as HTC or Sony? In other words if BlackBerry ditched BBOS, and adopted Android, they would join the masses. What would be the barrier to do so, many manufacturers have already done so? What would prevent BlackBerry from operating Android "on top of" QNX in an acceptable manor that would give them access to integrating all aspects of Android and Google? (I assume that they would be required to pay a licensing fee etc.). Is there any reason that this could not happen? Samsung is famous for their unique features built on top of the Android platform, why could BlackBerry not do the same?

I think that having the security of BlackBerry, running the superior and visually appealing native BlackBerry apps, and having the option to tap into the Google ecosystem would be very interesting.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 11:59 AM
26 12