Wondered if you can get a virus on your BB like your computer can...like those pesky tracking cookies or virus downloads.
    08-11-08 04:31 PM
    Yes, though I suppose it's a little different. For example, every time I use Opera Mini and something tries to download, I have to authorize access the the network.

It's complex to explain, but simply: nowhere is safe. There will be holes and bugs in everything. So yes, take care online! No matter where
    08-11-08 04:37 PM
    No worries, BlackBerry is not an easy target for malware creators.

It is possible to introduce a root kit and potential violate security in a BES. That is the reason corporate BlackBerrys have a policy installed to prevent third party applications.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-08 04:38 PM
    i'm so paranoid about myspace and the graphics links. I had an issue with my firewall awhile back and i got viruses galore!!
    08-11-08 04:42 PM
    The chances are very slim to none. Traditional computer viruses don't affect the BB OS because they are designed to compromise PC operating systems. (Windows, OS X). But I suppose if someone had the time and inclination they COULD come up with a virus for the BB OS but it wouldn't be cost effective.

08-11-08 09:04 PM
    If you are using your BlackBerry to download files that you will then copy to your pc, it is certainly possible to pass a virus-infected file to your pc. The pc-virus won't have any affect on your BlackBerry, and should be detected by your pc antivirus software when you copy the file over. It's just something to be aware of, not worry about.

08-11-08 10:21 PM
    it was said in an earlier forum, its possible yes, however very highly unlikely that you would get a virus>
    08-11-08 10:25 PM
    The chances are very slim to none. Traditional computer viruses don't affect the BB OS because they are designed to compromise PC operating systems. (Windows, OS X). But I suppose if someone had the time and inclination they COULD come up with a virus for the BB OS but it wouldn't be cost effective.

Yeah, it's not like you access important email from it :P Email which could contain bank details. Or they're not possibly going to get your address, name, telephone number, mothers name from address book... oh wait! Identity theft in the making
    08-11-08 10:28 PM
    That is one thing about RIM, safety is first with them. I always feel secure against virii.
    08-11-08 11:23 PM
    FlChick you have very and I mean VERY little chance of getting a virus on your BB. That's not to say that it is impossible but in all my years of working with computers I have never heard or seen an infection on a BlackBerry and seen less than a handful on phones in general.
    08-12-08 02:34 AM
    All of you are 100% incorrect. Yes you can get a virus on
    your BB.

It is called BLACKBERRY UNITE! (credit to mattkrass for the line)
    08-12-08 02:38 AM
    All of you are 100% incorrect. Yes you can get a virus on
    your BB.

It is called BLACKBERRY UNITE! (credit to mattkrass for the line)
    LOL that's funny, real funny!

08-12-08 06:30 AM
    If you have a Win mobile phone
    Last edited by i2sam77@yahoo.com; 08-13-08 at 07:26 AM.
    08-12-08 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";