i was wondering if you can have a real GPS on a BB..the same kind you would have in your car? if so, how? and how much would it cost? i have an 8700G
    03-29-08 01:16 AM
    There r free ones out there, amaze and nav4all... But I think telenav works the best... Its 9.99/month. Search the forums, there are tons of threads on the gps apps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-08 07:09 AM
    TexasCowGirl,

Yeap, you can even have voice turn-by-turn directions!

Check out the 30-day free trial of TeleNav, and Garmin.

I personally prefer TeleNav, even though I have a Garmin GPS. My Garmin is so big, that it is so much easier to just use my 8820, and then not have to worry about it being stolen from my car.

TeleNav costs either $99/year, or $9.99/month, but well worth it! I love it.

You should also get Google Maps so you can see an overhead satilite view any time, and both that and TeleNav (or Garmin) can also just track/map your location as you drive.

I'd also get Infospace, and Goog-411.

Patrick
    03-29-08 07:49 AM
    thanks yall so much.
    cant get telenav. aint available on the 8700g. will check out garmin.
    i am downloading google maps right now.
    what is GOOG 411????
    what is INFOSPACE?

TexasCowGirl,

Yeap, you can even have voice turn-by-turn directions!

Check out the 30-day free trial of TeleNav, and Garmin.

I personally prefer TeleNav, even though I have a Garmin GPS. My Garmin is so big, that it is so much easier to just use my 8820, and then not have to worry about it being stolen from my car.

TeleNav costs either $99/year, or $9.99/month, but well worth it! I love it.

You should also get Google Maps so you can see an overhead satilite view any time, and both that and TeleNav (or Garmin) can also just track/map your location as you drive.

I'd also get Infospace, and Goog-411.

Patrick
    03-29-08 10:13 AM
    When I run google maps it asks if it can use my GPS location, is there a charge for this??

Jim
    03-30-08 09:27 PM
    When I run google maps it asks if it can use my GPS location, is there a charge for this??

Jim
    Not as long as you have a data plan
    03-30-08 09:35 PM
    Not as long as you have a data plan
    cool thanks for the response, I was just worried because telenav and stuff like that costs money. Just dont want a crazy charge on my phone bill cuz of google maps!

Jim
    03-30-08 09:46 PM
    Using Google Maps / BB Maps / Nav4All and other 'free' navigation does cost money because it uses your data plan. What it does not cost is an annual subscription. So as long as you do not exceed your data plan allowance there is no further charge - exceed your allowance and you will be charged by your service provider.

Google maps is particularly data hungry IMO - specially if you use the satellite view option.
    04-01-08 10:58 AM
    My GPS is just like a portable one. It is included in my $30 plan from Sprint
    04-01-08 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD