Is there a way to pop emails instead of them being automatically pushed to me?
    Is this possible? Or do I need to get a 3rd party email client to do this?
    This is for both a (myusername)@att.blackberry.net and personal email account.
    05-20-08 10:06 AM
    What do you mean POP'd? You can set up POP e-mail addresses, you just need the server information. The push e-mail system is a little more efficient I think. Is there a specific reason you don't want e-mails automatically pushed to you?
    05-20-08 10:07 AM
    Why do you want slower e-mail?
    05-20-08 10:19 AM
    What do you mean POP'd? You can set up POP e-mail addresses, you just need the server information. The push e-mail system is a little more efficient I think. Is there a specific reason you don't want e-mails automatically pushed to you?
    Where is the pop setup? Wondering if att.blackberry.net can be used in this manner?
    05-20-08 10:22 AM
    Good question why do you want to pop instea5 of push?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 10:22 AM
    Why do you want slower e-mail?
    When I travel or am on the road, the BB push is great. However, when I'm sitting in front of my computer and working emails, I need to also go delete the duplicates on my BB.
    05-20-08 10:24 AM
    You are talking about IMAP, not POP, and the answer is no.

Aside from that, the mailbox for your xxx.blackberry.net email address IS your BlackBerry. It is a special email address created for your Berry, and there is no way to make it not push.
    05-20-08 12:13 PM
    You are talking about IMAP, not POP, and the answer is no.

Aside from that, the mailbox for your xxx.blackberry.net email address IS your BlackBerry. It is a special email address created for your Berry, and there is no way to make it not push.
    That pretty much answers my question. What I wanted was to see if I can use the xxx.blackberry.net email as pop instead of push.
    Doesn't appear that is possible.
    05-20-08 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD