If nothing negative was ever posted I think the discussion here would be rather trite. Actually, I'm not even sure it would be a discussion anymore. It would just be a bunch of fanboys patting themselves on the back talking about how wonderful a company that almost went out of business is. I actually want to hear all opinions, good or bad, so that I can judge them for myself. If you think you can come here and hear nothing but how wonderful everything is and it is all sunshine, rainbows, and lollipops you are delusional because quite simply it is not. These are dire times for BlackBerry.
    kirson likes this.
    09-02-15 12:33 PM
    Not justifying slamming a new poster, but a quick Google search with the word Crackberry in the search field, along with the question, would bring up every answer you could ask for. This would be a simple courtesy to the community and is just good manners. Respect garners respect.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    The average newbie may not be "internet/Google/Blogging" savvy. ALL FINGERS ARE NOT EQUAL.
    09-02-15 12:44 PM
    Negative posts are one thing, constructive criticism to air your opinion of what BlackBerry's main selling points are and what you desire to buy, is another and a consumer's right.

It's like your vote during an election, if you feel strongly about a topic or a candidate, and you chose not to express that view and make your preference known, you've in turn relinquished your chance to state your choice.

BlackBerry can proceed as they please, but what they can't say is that they weren't aware of public opinion. And "sometimes" the squeaky wheel, does get the oil. Especially if your in the business of selling wheels* (or Mobile Communications).

Posted via CB10
    shaleem likes this.
    09-02-15 12:45 PM
    Too many people with too much time on their hands... after all people ..it is only a bleeping cell phone!!!!
    Only a phone? Let me tell you, sir, that in the year 2015 our phones are extensions of our souls.

Lost in the Android storm, I was washed up on the shore and found the BlackBerry that kept me going in this desolate island in space we all inhabit.
    Friends have come and gone, but one thing has stuck by me through the years: BlackBerry, my truest, most faithful love.
    And now my love is broken and lying in the dust, kicked in the guts by the bullies Google, Apple and Microsoft.
    How true is your heart, sir? Will you leave your love and date a bully???!!!!
    I won't.
    Our beloved berry is lying in the filth, wasps crawling over its bleeding flesh.

I will stoop into the dust and and pick up that bruised berry. I will endure the stings, the kicking feet, the humiliation, and I will stain my lips purple in a kiss that lasts forever.

And if the berry dies I will stand on top of the white cliffs, where the shiny teeth of Britain snarl at France, and I well step into the unknown.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz, lift and TCB on Z10 like this.
    09-02-15 12:47 PM
    Negative and Positive the last time I checked where used in electrical theory and have nothing to do with real life, that's called reality.

As far as the folks expressing their feelings about the brand, well here in the USA the brand is dead and all but forgotten about and those folks up there in Waterloo haven't done much to give folks here in the USA a warm and fuzzy feeling again.

So you can't blame folks for expressing their feelings and displeasure on these forums. I still preach the Blackberry brand here in the U.S, but mostly on deaf ears.

Blackberry needs to release the Android based slider ASAP and I personally know of several folks who will give them another chance when and if that ever happens?

Then they would have full google play store and services support for their apps and such. Like it or not, that's what folks want today and if they embed some sort of security into their Blackberry skin, now you have something to draw folks back over to the brand again.

But until that time comes, your going to continue to have folks post stuff that's not sugar coated and everything is beautiful in Blackberry land and that's just the way it is at the moment.
    Folks, he's got a point. If only more folks would listen to folks like this, then we'd have more folks on the BlackBerry wagon again, folks.

Posted via CB10
    z3user likes this.
    09-02-15 01:15 PM
    Is it ironic that the answer to the question "Can we please stop negative posts?" is "no"?

"Negative" I'm OK with: sometimes BlackBerry management have to be taken to task for some of their decisions etc.

"Hopeless" I'm completely tired of: all the people saying (with very little evidence, only their instincts and perhaps anectodal 'data') "BB is dead" or "BB10 is dead" or "BB's handset business is dead", then listing WHY that is the case... that's just pointless NEGATIVE speculation.

Most of us know what the "reality" is even if we don't CHOOSE to discuss it tirelessly here. Many come here because we ARE hopeful, and try to contribute "yes, {this situation} is a problem but here's how BlackBerry could change for the better..." and I don't get why people feel so compelled to ridicule and contradict the hopeful, when their "evidence" is no better than those who put forth positive suggestions.

It would be great to see more posts "here's a problem: here's a possible solution" types of posts, and those who feel compelled to "be realistic" all the time... well... why not just cram it? Realistically speaking.

Sometimes, contradicting the hopeful is part of the debate... but then put forth your OWN ideas rather than just crapping on others'.
    09-02-15 01:18 PM
    Thanks for the post. Absolutely right!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport ‎
    09-02-15 01:28 PM
    Perhaps if Blackberry would just build their phones based on what their consumers wanted, there'd probably be a lot less arguments about how stubborn and disappointing Blackberry has been lately.
    09-02-15 01:43 PM
    Unfortunately, the reality is BB10 is dead. XXXXXXX

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 01:43 PM
    Perhaps if Blackberry would just build their phones based on what their consumers wanted, there'd probably be a lot less arguments about how stubborn and disappointing Blackberry has been lately.
    Blackberry Venice with Android is hopefully just that.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 01:44 PM
    I say BlackBerry is the best period. Android stay away.

  
    lift likes this.
    09-02-15 01:51 PM
    Well then we'd all be driving faster horses, no?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 01:51 PM
    @Chuck Finley69

A lot of people wanted a high end all touch device and a successor to the Passport and Classic. I personally also think the Venice looks a little cheap.

@ Thurask

I've seen other manufacturers listen to their customers, but Blackberry in particular seems like a metal rod that only wants to bend in one direction.
    09-02-15 02:02 PM
    I've seen other manufacturers listen to their customers, but Blackberry in particular seems like a metal rod that only wants to bend in one direction.
    I'm amazed they bent in the first place.

Taking here as a sampling of what customers want, BlackBerry should release a phone that runs BB7, BB10 and Android all at once, with your choice of kernel. It will use BIS again, or not. It will have a 5.5" touch screen that magically turns into a Bold 9900 screen. It will have a 360 degree sliding keyboard with a detachable fourth row. It will be simultaneously cheap and premium. It will have a hypervisor, whatever that does.

Can we please stop negative posts?-02-homer_car.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 02:10 PM
    I think those "BB7" folks would have been satisfied if the Classic had a removable battery and a trackpad that lit up, but I do have to agree that some people's requests can be very far fetched.
    matthewkuhl likes this.
    09-02-15 02:25 PM
    I think those "BB7" folks would have been satisfied if the Classic had a removable battery and a trackpad that lit up, but I do have to agree that some people's requests can be very far fetched.
    Removable battery that is 4000 mAh but the phone is still thin, of course.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-02-15 02:27 PM
    Well then we'd all be driving faster horses, no?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 02:44 PM
    Removable battery that is 4000 mAh but the phone is still thin, of course.
    4000 mAh nah. 10,000 mAh. It's all about top specs. Also you forgot, they want $0 down no interest 60 month terms with a 100% refund price match guarantee when the phone is cheaper in 5 years. Plus they want John Chen to autograph, personally deliver and then be fired because they feel that effing damn entitled.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 02:47 PM
    If nothing negative was ever posted I think the discussion here would be rather trite. Actually, I'm not even sure it would be a discussion anymore. It would just be a bunch of fanboys patting themselves on the back talking about how wonderful a company that almost went out of business is. I actually want to hear all opinions, good or bad, so that I can judge them for myself. If you think you can come here and hear nothing but how wonderful everything is and it is all sunshine, rainbows, and lollipops you are delusional because quite simply it is not. These are dire times for BlackBerry.

Pretty much. People are upset. People are angry. People are bitter. Plus, these days like every corner of the internet, people don't read anymore or form their own opinions. Instead, they just read a headline or something and run with it. They hear a blip of a rumor and treat it as a fact. And that's all without even really involving BlackBerry and their current state of silence. Those are just general state of humanity things.

Heck even this thread is an example of that. The OP's concerns noted how we should all be looking at BlackBerry and lighten up here complaining and nagging about BlackBerry but some folks have directly turned into a post about the forums and how there's some folks cranky towards each other. That has nothing to do with BlackBerry directly as the OP noted lol. Honestly not even sure how folks missed that. Then again, nothing surprises me these days.
    clareberry likes this.
    09-02-15 02:56 PM
    Only a phone? Let me tell you, sir, that in the year 2015 our phones are extensions of our souls.

Lost in the Android storm, I was washed up on the shore and found the BlackBerry that kept me going in this desolate island in space we all inhabit.
    Friends have come and gone, but one thing has stuck by me through the years: BlackBerry, my truest, most faithful love.
    And now my love is broken and lying in the dust, kicked in the guts by the bullies Google, Apple and Microsoft.
    How true is your heart, sir? Will you leave your love and date a bully???!!!!
    I won't.
    Our beloved berry is lying in the filth, wasps crawling over its bleeding flesh.

I will stoop into the dust and and pick up that bruised berry. I will endure the stings, the kicking feet, the humiliation, and I will stain my lips purple in a kiss that lasts forever.

And if the berry dies I will stand on top of the white cliffs, where the shiny teeth of Britain snarl at France, and I well step into the unknown.

Posted via CB10
    Now...that's true loyalty,true spirit...true love .
    Thanks man...amazing post
    (I hope it's not sarcastic !? )

Posted via BB PP
    greenberry666 likes this.
    09-02-15 03:02 PM
    I'm amazed they bent in the first place.

Taking here as a sampling of what customers want, BlackBerry should release a phone that runs BB7, BB10 and Android all at once, with your choice of kernel. It will use BIS again, or not. It will have a 5.5" touch screen that magically turns into a Bold 9900 screen. It will have a 360 degree sliding keyboard with a detachable fourth row. It will be simultaneously cheap and premium. It will have a hypervisor, whatever that does.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02-homer_car.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	369414
    Are you saying that devices without the Toolbelt are equivalent to the "Homer"? Because trying to go full touch is what I'd call BlackBerry rejecting their legacy and it put them in a stupidly pointless position directly competitive with Android handsets and iPhones.

I know you're not saying that, but somewhere between "the Homer" and totally NOT listening to your customers is the right balance. I'm reminded how Thor said "People want the toolbelt, but we're not going to do that...". What an Ahole.
    lnichols likes this.
    09-02-15 03:08 PM
    Looking forward to a BlackBerry skinned Android is a positive post.
    That's YOUR opinion.
    09-02-15 03:12 PM
    Are you saying that devices without the Toolbelt are equivalent to the "Homer"? Because trying to go full touch is what I'd call BlackBerry rejecting their legacy and it put them in a stupidly pointless position directly competitive with Android handsets and iPhones.

I know you're not saying that, but somewhere between "the Homer" and totally NOT listening to your customers is the right balance. I'm reminded how Thor said "People want the toolbelt, but we're not going to do that...". What an Ahole.
    If Classic sales were good, then I could see the point, but they are not so where is this massive tool belt crowd and why are they not upgrading? Where is this massive PKB audience and why aren't the PKB devices flying off shelves? Thor should have probably said "Not enough people want the tool belt, so we aren't going to do that" if sales numbers are taken into account. I guess the Slider running Android will show if their is this massive audience for PKB still there. I don't think it exists, but many here believe it to be true.

Posted via Z30
    09-02-15 03:17 PM
    I'm going to Disney World!!!!!

About as positive as I can get.... but then it's a little off topic.
    lift likes this.
    09-02-15 03:28 PM
    If Classic sales were good, then I could see the point, but they are not so where is this massive tool belt crowd and why are they not upgrading? Where is this massive PKB audience and why aren't the PKB devices flying off shelves? Thor should have probably said "Not enough people want the tool belt, so we aren't going to do that" if sales numbers are taken into account. I guess the Slider running Android will show if their is this massive audience for PKB still there. I don't think it exists, but many here believe it to be true.

Posted via Z30
    Ok somebody probably thinks there is a massive audience for PKB.
    Many more hope that there will be a big enough audience.
    Some of the existing Blackberry users will buy the slider and some of the much larger group of android users will also buy it.
    09-02-15 03:34 PM
88 1234