I love crackberry. I have been on here the last few years ever since I started rocking my pearl. At one point, it was a very nice, helpful social community. In the last little while, things have gone sort of south in poster morale as everyone is fighting over devices and circle****ing each other about their phones. It shows up in almost every forum and it is getting annoying. I come here a lot in the run of the day to give advice, make comments and read up on BB's. I understand we have expanded and added forums for other phones, which is great because it allows for compare and contrast between berries and apples and all that jazz but lawd it has made for a hostile environment sometimes.

Mod gods, please, anyone ? Can we just have a forum dedicated for those who want to b**ch it out with one another so the rest of us can enjoy the site again ?!?!
    10-16-10 06:44 PM
    I agree. It is out of control. Most threads now turn into (insert device) is better than (insert device) and if you don't agree you are a troll comments. The rants and raves worked well in the original Storm forum and it would benefit the site.
    10-16-10 06:50 PM
    We have one, but it's just for Storm users though......

Storm Rants & Raves Forum
    10-16-10 06:52 PM
    We have one, but it's just for Storm users though......

Storm Rants & Raves Forum
    Exactly. There needs to be a general one and top page it so people can find it right away. berry VS apples VS donut or ice cream or whatever the green alien is rocking is driving me nuts. People can compare and contrast and argue till the cows come home and keep it out of other places.
    10-16-10 07:00 PM
    Even with a dedicated thread, you're still gonna have people doing as described above. It's the nature of the beast when it comes to online communities. That said, I'll see what we can do abt a rants and raves forums for all but, don't expect it to change things drastically. With the amount of registered and active users here, you'll always have some that want to spoil the good vibe.

The best way to make things as normal as possible is to report the stuff you see that is out of line. The mod team can't be everywhere and see everything, so reporting the issues at least draws attention to it.
    10-16-10 07:03 PM
    Quit your ********. Take the HS drama to PM if you must.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-16-10 at 07:12 PM.
    10-16-10 07:07 PM
    Even with a dedicated thread, you're still gonna have people doing as described above. It's the nature of the beast when it comes to online communities. That said, I'll see what we can do abt a rants and raves forums for all but, don't expect it to change things drastically. With the amount of registered and active users here, you'll always have some that want to spoil the good vibe.

The best way to make things as normal as possible is to report the stuff you see that is out of line. The mod team can't be everywhere and see everything, so reporting the issues at least draws attention to it.
    Thanks Bla1ze, nice to see an admin posting. I know it wouldn't end it 100% but it would be a place to get a lot of it out/less in the forums. Maybe I am on here too much (I LOVE m.crackberry.com) but it is becoming overbearing. I say it scares some newbies off too. The elitist attitude would at least have a place to go and a place to move threads that broach rant/rave status
    10-16-10 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD