Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default can unlocked Verizon blackberry storm 9530 installs Garmin Mobile?

I am wonder whether unlocked verizon blackberry storm 9530 could install Garmin mobile Gps software by using built-in Gps or not, I heard the internal Gps was locked by Verizon.

Thanks
    CrackBerry User

Default not on the Storm

The GPS is locked on most Verizon Blackberries....but not the 9530! I have Garmin mobile on mine and it works like a charm
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,015 Global Posts
    PIN
    --- Inconceivable!!!

Wrong. Maybe most older ones. But not on newer ones like my Tour.

However, finding the right link to get it OTA to your BB can be interesting.....

I finally found this link which let me get to the app and load the 7 day trial (it's the same app, but when your trial is up you would just need to buy an unlock code).

Garmin Mobile: Built for BlackBerry

try that......
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by WolfD View Post
    The GPS is locked on most Verizon Blackberries....but not the 9530! I have Garmin mobile on mine and it works like a charm
    Where did you get the Garmin? Can I load any mapsource to it for offline routing?

Thanks.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    look up

I have the garmin i just loaded onto my unlocked 9530 a few weeks ago and it works great. found a link on here that worked just fine. or try there web site.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,724 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

The Storm and Tour both have dual-mode GPS. This allows them to get by the Verizon GPS lockdown.

The Garmin Mobile software will still use a data connection to calculate routes and generate maps.