Hello again. Another newbie question. I found Opera Mini. Browser downloaded it and like it so much more than the browser the phone came with. So what do I do with the other browser that came with the phone? With this browser pages open faster and I don't have to scroll to bottom of page to view things. Opens like I'm at my computer. Anuyone use opera and if so any problems?
    One more question......sorry. How do I play online games like cards on pogo that require a pop up to get into the game to load game?

Thanks again for everyone's help. I promise I will reciprocate the help once I become a pro! I'm on my to pro status! Sure getting enough practice, can't put this thing down!

MrsStraty
    01-22-09 08:43 PM
    You can run a page in the default browser and one in Opera Mini
    at the same time. You can't run two instances of the same
    browser at the same time though.
    01-22-09 08:47 PM
    Is it bad for phone to keep both browsers?
    01-22-09 08:54 PM
    No, but it will take up some memory..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 08:56 PM
    Yeah, I agree w/ OP. I'm using the Bolt browser right now but I still use the default browser usually because the scrolling on the Bolt is a big drag.

I'm looking forward to Firefox mobile, assuming it doesn't just come out for the iphone.

01-22-09 08:59 PM
    It really won't take up that much memory. His comment is misleading. Opera Mini isn't huge, and leaving it run in the background does not have that big of an affect on the overall performance of the device. Of course, if you have it bogged down with tons of apps and open programs, things won't run as they once did.

Opera Mini does many things well. I have used it on both my Pearl and my Curve, and I love it. I don't really have any complaints about it.

I really don't think you can play games on website such as Pogo. I'm not sure if any mobile browser supports things like that.
    01-22-09 08:59 PM
    Anyone with experience with opera?

What about playing games like on pogo where the game loads in another popup window? I just keep getting a message it is loading biut it isn't.

MrsStraty
    01-22-09 09:01 PM
    I never said it took up a lot of memory. I said it took up memory. Sorry if you found that misleading

01-22-09 09:22 PM
    I have both browser's on my BlackBerry. I still prefer the BlackBerry browser for WAP sites, but I ise Opera Mini for larger sites. I prefer the BlackBerry browser shortcuts over Opera Mini. I also like how you can easily send a link or the page itself by Email, MMS, Text, or PIN with the BlackBerry browser. You cannot copy text within a page using Opera Mini. That's when you'll need the BlackBerry browser.

01-22-09 09:33 PM
    I am on the native browser and use it for 99% of my browsing. I keep Opera for times when I want a change of pace.

01-22-09 10:08 PM
    You can run a page in the default browser and one in Opera Mini
    at the same time. You can't run two instances of the same
    browser at the same time though.
    Oh yes you can AG! When I was screwing around putting Sprint TV on My T-Mo phone. The first try I had 7 native browsers! I don't however recommend it though! As it did result in an OS wipe.
    01-22-09 10:13 PM
    Oh yes you can AG! When I was screwing around putting Sprint TV on My T-Mo phone. The first try I had 7 native browsers! I don't however recommend it though! As it did result in an OS wipe.
    7? How in the h3ll did you manage that O' CrackBerry Mad Scientist.
    01-22-09 10:22 PM
    I use both regularly, Opera has sort of a choppy cursor, and on some sites (crackberry.com) the cursor doesn't show at all. Instead it highlights ever link until you get to the bottom of the page. Straty, as you begin to use both browser you will know which sites you;d prefer to use on which browser. Right now I'm currently using my Opera browser more because I like browsing crackberry on it. But the native browser plays youtube vids and overall feels better browsing (with the smooth cursor and typing in things directly into boxes instead being taken to another page just to type in the field).
    01-22-09 11:16 PM
    Ty for your replies. I like cb better on the opera browser. What is a WAP site? Will keep original browser.
    MrsStraty
    01-23-09 04:28 AM
    What is a WAP site? Will keep original browser.
    MrsStraty
    Wireless Application Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You shouldn't delete the BB browser, as you cannot make Opera Mini or Bolt your default browser.
    01-23-09 04:55 AM
    Wireless Application Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You shouldn't delete the BB browser, as you cannot make Opera Mini or Bolt your default browser.
    +1

You also need the BB browser for OTA down loads which you'll see when you try to dl an app. You may want to or have to do that eventually.
    01-23-09 05:07 AM
    Currently they do not offer Mobile Services for Pogo. However, they have informed the appropriate Department that this is a desire expressed by their regular Pogo Members. And they (the department) will decide if this would be an option for the future of Pogo.
    03-21-09 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD