Well i add the blackberry personal pack onto my sprint blackberry 8130. which include data, GPS, etc. the internet works great but when i want to use the GPS it doesnt let me. i try to use Sprint navigation, then it said that "no GPS, please move to open area" but i was in the middle of a park trying for more then half an hour. then i tried BB maps, it said that theres no satillite, move etc. Then i read the manual you have to go to Option>Advanced Option>GPS> menu key, REFRESH GPS. I tried but i dont have the REFRESH GPS option. When i click the menu key, all i see is "change Option|save|switch|application|close". I called sprint like 4 times, all of them cant help. i was hoping anyone out there can help me. thanks alot guys.
    01-23-09 11:15 PM
    When you go to Options / Advanced Options / GPS / Menu, what do you show for GPS Data Source? It should say "Device GPS" or something equivalent. Then make sure GPS Services is set to "Location On," or whatever the option other than "911 Only" is called on your phone.

In BBMaps, press Menu / Options and select your GPS source there.
    01-23-09 11:28 PM
    yeah it said deice GPS and also it in BBmaps for the GPS source its internal GPS. but it still doesnt work. I just called sprint they say they dont know whats wrong either.
    01-23-09 11:37 PM
    I'm not familiar with Sprint's Personal Pack. Perhaps they haven't properly enabled the GPS capability. If you just got it today, it might be that the service has not yet fully been enabled on your account. Try it again in the morning. If it still doesn't work, call Sprint again. At least you'll get a different Customer Service person, and might get a different answer.
    01-23-09 11:43 PM
    ohh okay i have a feeling that they disable the GPS service. i had the sprint personal pack for about 4-5 days now? ill call in the morning to see what happened.
    01-23-09 11:44 PM
    I had the same problem with mine when I got it because the service packs they sent were corrupted. After talking to 4 different people for about 6 hours I finally got a guy who resent the pack and got it to work. I couldn't understand anyone on the phone when i called customer support, so I had to use the online chat feature.
    01-24-09 11:38 AM
    You may be able to re-send your service books yourself, using the techniques in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/serv...ks-how-115031/

Worth trying to avoid having to call Customer Service.
    01-24-09 12:07 PM
    I tried to resend the service book about 3 times still have the GPS problem. I think I gotta spend another 2 hour on the phone with sprint.
    01-24-09 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD